In 2015, Bridgepoint Active Healthcare, Circle of Care, Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute and Mount Sinai Hospital, came together to form Sinai Health System – and leverage our collective expertise and create a system that better responds to the changing needs of our patients, families and clients. Sinai Health has a bold vision and strategy for the future: To create Canada’s leading health system pushing the boundaries to realize the best health and care for complex patients.
A key enabler of this vision is Sinai Health’s People Plan – which provides an explicit commitment to our people about our commitment to creating a workplace culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to ultimately provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers.
To support us on our journey, Sinai Health System is looking for an Echosonographer to support our Ambulatory Cardiology department at Mount Sinai Hospital.
The incumbent will perform independent adult echocardiograms, Exercise Stress echocardiograms as per American Society of Echocardiography and Canadian Cardiovascular Society guidelines and will provide preliminary reports on inpatients and outpatients. Compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and related hospital policies is essential to maintain a safe working environment.
- Registered with College of Medical Technologists of Ontario
- Registration with the College of American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) (asset)
- Registration with Sonography Canada (asset)
- 3-5 years of recent and related experience
- Experience working in a teaching hospital an asset
- Stress Echo experience an asset
- Experience with TEE is an asset
- Demonstrated maintenance of CME credits required
- BCLS provided certificate required
- Demonstrated excellent patient care skills, working with inpatients and outpatients
- Ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal communication skills required, both written and verbal
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, being flexible in the delivery of care to meet patient needs
- Demonstrated satisfactory work performance and attendance history
All applications must be submitted by no later than 4:00 p.m. of the posting deadline date.
Sinai Health is committed to fostering a culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers. As such, all employees will follow safe work practices and comply with the roles and responsibilities that are outlined with respect to health and safety policies, procedures and training. In accordance with Sinai Health policy and legislated health and safety requirements, employment is conditional upon the verification of credentials, completion of a health review, and demonstrating proof of immunity and vaccination status of vaccine-preventable diseases.
Sinai Health is a scent sensitive environment and all members of the community are expected to refrain from wearing or using scented products while visiting or working at any Sinai Health site. We also support a barrier-free workplace supported by Sinai Health’s accessibility plan, accommodation and disability management policies and procedures. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call the Accommodation Phone Line at 416-586-4800 ext. 7050 or email HiringProcessAccommodation.email@example.com