Mount Sinai Hospital Campus - Toronto, ON M5G 1X5 CA (Primary)
In 2015, Bridgepoint Active Healthcare, Circle of Care, Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute and Mount Sinai Hospital, came together to form Sinai Health - and leverage our collective expertise and create a system that better responds to the changing needs of our patients, families and clients. Sinai Health has a bold vision and strategy for the future: To create Canada’s leading integrated health system pushing the boundaries to realize the best health and care from healthy beginnings to healthy aging for people with complex health needs.
Reporting to the Director Diversity, Inclusion, and Wellness the Diversity and Inclusion Specialist will make a significant contribution to healthy work environment and culture that facilitates safe, high quality service excellence and compassionate care at Sinai Health. Specifically, you will contribute to the creation of a respectful, equitable accessible and healthy environment for all members of the hospital community through harassment and discrimination complaint resolution; education; policy development, organizational change and research.
- Working in partnership with HR engage in harassment and discrimination complaint intake, complaint resolution through mediation, negotiation and/or informal complaint investigation
- Conducting formal investigations of harassment and discrimination that are fair, thorough and defensible
- Conducting climate reviews and developing action plans to address negative workplace environments
- Providing safety planning meetings, referrals and ongoing support for staff experiencing domestic violence and other forms of violence
- Providing advice, information and coaching to management and staff at all levels of the hospital on human rights, harassment and domestic violence issues and concerns
- Reviewing policies to ensure compliance with human rights related legislation and case law; support the development of policies and implementation
- Conducting needs assessments; evaluating initiatives, identifying educational opportunities in the hospital and working collaboratively with hospital employees and the community to develop educational events for the Hospital community
- Designing and facilitating educational sessions, workshops and resources for the hospital community
- Providing regular information and status reports
- Attending related working groups/committees as required
- Performing other duties as assigned
Completion of post-secondary education preferably LLB or in the Social Sciences, Adult Education or health related discipline from a recognized educational institution; CHRP an asset
Working knowledge of key legislation, concepts, issues and trends
In-depth knowledge of, and demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion issues and a keen understanding of trends and the social determinants of health
Strong skills in investigation, including writing clear and comprehensive reports
Experience identifying systemic issues and possible solutions
Capability in developing and facilitating training
Skilled with coaching, counselling and/or mediation
Working knowledge of organizational development and change principles, particularly with respect to diversity and inclusion programs
Experience providing leadership on initiatives related to eliminating discrimination and facilitating safe work environments
Working knowledge of addressing and educating on violence in the workplace
Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize competing workload demands
Previous experience working in a unionized environment and/or health care environment an asset
Please Note: Applications must be accompanied by a cover letter which responds to the following questions:
All applications must be submitted by no later than 4:00 p.m. of the posting deadline date.
Sinai Health is committed to fostering a culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers. As such, all employees will follow safe work practices and comply with the roles and responsibilities that are outlined with respect to health and safety policies, procedures and training. In accordance with Sinai Health policy and legislated health and safety requirements, employment is conditional upon the verification of credentials, completion of a health review, and demonstrating proof of immunity and vaccination status of vaccine-preventable diseases.
Sinai Health is a scent sensitive environment and all members of the community are expected to refrain from wearing or using scented products while visiting or working at any Sinai Health site. We also support a barrier-free workplace supported by Sinai Health’s accessibility plan, accommodation and disability management policies and procedures. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call the Accommodation Phone Line at 416-586-4800 ext. 7050 or email HiringProcessAccommodation.firstname.lastname@example.org