In 2015, Bridgepoint Active Healthcare, Circle of Care, Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute and Mount Sinai Hospital, came together to form Sinai Health System – and leverage our collective expertise and create a system that better responds to the changing needs of our patients, families and clients. Sinai Health has a bold vision and strategy for the future: To create Canada’s leading health system pushing the boundaries to realize the best health and care for complex patients.
A key enabler of this vision is Sinai Health’s People Plan – which provides an explicit commitment to our people about our commitment to creating a workplace culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to ultimately provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers.
To support us on our journey, the Switchboard & Locating department is looking for a Communications Operator to join its team at the Mount Sinai Hospital Site.
- Answers and redirects incoming calls on the main switchboard, Patient Inquiry Line and Locating (paging hospital staff)
- Provides coverage at the Information Reception Desk
- Pages staff through on call database in accordance to 24 hour on call schedules
- Performs data entry using Microsoft Office
- Communicates Emergency Codes throughout hospital according to established policy/procedures
- Completes departmental incident reports as required
- Completes incident reports for all complaints and concerns raised by callers and forwards to Supervisor for follow up
- Logs all incoming and outgoing physician pages according to established policy/procedures
- Logs all outgoing long-distance phone calls placed through the switchboard
- Files departmental reports as needed • Assists with the orientation and training of new staff as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Successful completion of high school diploma
- 1 year recent customer service experience and working with a multi-line Meridian Phone System
- Successful completion of a Conflict Resolution and Customer Service course (preferred)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Access (preferred)
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team player in a challenging and changing environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, stressful environment
- Ability to multi-task with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated satisfactory work performance and attendance history
All applications must be submitted by no later than 4:00 p.m. of the posting deadline date.
Sinai Health is committed to fostering a culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers. As such, all employees will follow safe work practices and comply with the roles and responsibilities that are outlined with respect to health and safety policies, procedures and training. In accordance with Sinai Health policy and legislated health and safety requirements, employment is conditional upon the verification of credentials, completion of a health review, and demonstrating proof of immunity and vaccination status of vaccine-preventable diseases.
Sinai Health is a scent sensitive environment and all members of the community are expected to refrain from wearing or using scented products while visiting or working at any Sinai Health site. We also support a barrier-free workplace supported by Sinai Health’s accessibility plan, accommodation and disability management policies and procedures. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call the Accommodation Phone Line at 416-586-4800 ext. 7050 or email HiringProcessAccommodation.email@example.com