This is a temporary full-time opportunity for approximately 12 months.
In 2015, Bridgepoint Active Healthcare, Circle of Care, Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute and Mount Sinai Hospital, came together to form Sinai Health System – and leverage our collective expertise and create a system that better responds to the changing needs of our patients, families and clients. Sinai Health has a bold vision and strategy for the future: To create Canada’s leading health system pushing the boundaries to realize the best health and care for complex patients.
A key enabler of this vision is Sinai Health’s People Plan – which provides an explicit commitment to our people about our commitment to creating a workplace culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to ultimately provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers.
To support us on our journey, Sinai Health is looking for a Clinical Research Coordinator to support our Department of Oncology.
The Clinical Research Coordinator is an integral part of the busy, dynamic, and growing Department of Oncology at Mount Sinai Hospital. In this role, you will be expected to exercise sound judgment and independence while managing the day-to-day administrative and research activities. You will demonstrate a strong commitment to quality customer service, applying excellent problem solving and communication skills to ensure the success of the department.
The Clinical Research Coordinator’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning and coordinating the initiation of research study protocols
- Preparing Research Ethics Board and other regulatory submissions
- Recruitment of and obtaining consent from eligible patients for studies; performing study visits and required data collection for all subsequent study visits
- Data entry and query resolution as needed
- Coordinate collection and processing of blood and tumor samples as required by research protocols
- Conduct regular reviews of relevant literature
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Ensure smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of research and data collection activities in support of study protocols
- Develop and present material for publication using strong written and verbal communications skills
- Support Research Assistants and Research Students, and provide training as needed with support from the Research Manager
- Support investigators in the development and finalization of manuscripts and new research proposals
- Utilize study findings in the development and writing of grant proposals for new research activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Successful completion of a University Degree in a relevant field from an accredited educational institution
- Successful completion of a Master’s Degree in a relevant field from an accredited educational institution is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of related research experience in an academic or clinical setting
- Experience working in Industry-sponsored trials is an asset
- Applicants with proven equivalent recent and related training and experience may be considered
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required; proficiency in statistical software (e.g. SPSS, SAS) is an asset.
- Strong work ethic; positive, client focused attitude; superior professionalism; dependability and reliability; demonstrated commitment to providing outstanding customer service
- Superior written/oral communication and presentation skills; excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills; ability to effectively convey factual information and detailed explanations
- Excellent time management, organizational and self-planning skills displaying flexibility by adjusting work schedules according to changing priorities, meeting demanding deadlines and producing high quality work
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions, exercise good judgment, discretion and initiative when dealing with confidential information and/or in responding to inquiries
- Demonstrated satisfactory work performance and attendance record
All applications must be submitted by no later than 4:00 p.m. of the posting deadline date.
Sinai Health is committed to fostering a culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers. As such, all employees will follow safe work practices and comply with the roles and responsibilities that are outlined with respect to health and safety policies, procedures and training. In accordance with Sinai Health policy and legislated health and safety requirements, employment is conditional upon the verification of credentials, completion of a health review, and demonstrating proof of immunity and vaccination status of vaccine-preventable diseases.
Sinai Health is a scent sensitive environment and all members of the community are expected to refrain from wearing or using scented products while visiting or working at any Sinai Health site. We also support a barrier-free workplace supported by Sinai Health’s accessibility plan, accommodation and disability management policies and procedures. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call the Accommodation Phone Line at 416-586-4800 ext. 7050 or email HiringProcessAccommodation.firstname.lastname@example.org