In 2015, Bridgepoint Active Healthcare, Circle of Care, Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute and Mount Sinai Hospital, came together to form Sinai Health - and leverage our collective expertise and create a system that better responds to the changing needs of our patients, families and clients. Sinai Health has a bold vision and strategy for the future: To create Canada’s leading integrated health system pushing the boundaries to realize the best health and care from healthy beginnings to healthy aging for people with complex health needs.
A key enabler of this vision is Sinai Health’s People Plan – which provides an explicit commitment to our people about our commitment to creating a workplace culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to ultimately provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers.
To support us on our journey, Sinai Health System is looking for a Clinical Assistant/Registered Nurse to support our Urodynamics team.
The Clinical Assistant/Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of family centred nursing care and coordination of care for women and families in Urodynamics. You will participate in program planning, quality improvement, education of various health professional students, and personal and peer professional development activities. Participation in numerous committees and program development groups is required. You will provide family centered care for patients with acute and chronic conditions by communicating with and educating patients and families. You will perform Urodynamic testing, uroflows, urodynamics, biofeedback, catheterization teaching – post op care, Pessary care, bladder scan – post residual.
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- BScN (preferred)
- Current BCLS/BLS
- Demonstrated ability in urodynamic testing, pessary care and bladder scanning
- Recent experience in women’s health and/or gynaecological nursing (preferred)
- Recent experience working in an ambulatory setting (preferred)
- Sound knowledge base and experience in adult education
- Demonstrated ability to support and counsel women
- Demonstrated ability to implement evidence/research findings in practice
- Well developed communication, team work and leadership skills
- Computer literacy skills (preferred)
- Experience assisting with outpatient procedures
- Demonstrated commitment to the development of an environment welcoming to a diverse patient population
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous quality improvement and professional development
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Actively participates within an team environment
- Demonstrated satisfactory work performance and attendance history
All applications must be submitted by no later than 4:00 p.m. of the posting deadline date.
Sinai Health is committed to fostering a culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers. As such, all employees will follow safe work practices and comply with the roles and responsibilities that are outlined with respect to health and safety policies, procedures and training. In accordance with Sinai Health policy and legislated health and safety requirements, employment is conditional upon the verification of credentials, completion of a health review, and demonstrating proof of immunity and vaccination status of vaccine-preventable diseases.
Sinai Health is a scent sensitive environment and all members of the community are expected to refrain from wearing or using scented products while visiting or working at any Sinai Health site. We also support a barrier-free workplace supported by Sinai Health’s accessibility plan, accommodation and disability management policies and procedures. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call the Accommodation Phone Line at 416-586-4800 ext. 7050 or email HiringProcessAccommodation.email@example.com