This is a temporary assignment expected to last up to 6 months to support our COVID-19 Assessment Centre.
In 2015, Bridgepoint Active Healthcare, Circle of Care, Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute and Mount Sinai Hospital, came together to form Sinai Health - and leverage our collective expertise and create a system that better responds to the changing needs of our patients, families and clients. Sinai Health has a bold vision and strategy for the future: To create Canada’s leading integrated health system pushing the boundaries to realize the best health and care from healthy beginnings to healthy aging for people with complex health needs.
A key enabler of this vision is Sinai Health’s People Plan – which provides an explicit commitment to our people about our commitment to creating a workplace culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to ultimately provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers.
To support us on our journey, Sinai Health System is looking for an Admitting Clerk to support our COVID-19 Assessment Centre (CAC) at our Mount Sinai Hospital Campus.
The successful incumbent will be requested to provide availability for selected day and night shifts for training purposes.
- Responsible for interviewing, registering and admitting patients using a computerized database system (CERNER) according to departmental/hospital policies and procedures
- Performs data entry of patient information in Cerner Module, including required financial information and Health Card Validation
- Liaise with Emergency/Admitting Staff to support patient transfers and ensure patient flow is timely and effective
- Adheres to strict patient confidentiality protocols
- Assists with other duties related to the position as required
- Successful completion of a post-secondary education in healthcare registration or medical office administration from an accredited educational institution (preferred)
- Successful completion of a high school diploma
- 1 year recent experience working in a health care office environment and registering/admitting patients (preferred)
- 1 year recent experiences handling cash
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Minimum 40 wpm keyboarding/data entry speed
- Knowledge of medical terminology (preferred)
- Proficiency in CERNER (preferred)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, diverse and high volume environment
- Demonstrated telephone, interpersonal and customer service skills required - compassion and good public relations skills are necessary when dealing with anxious patients and families
- Proved conflict management skills
- Demonstrated ability to exercise tact and discretion; good judgement and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team player in a challenging and changing environment • Effective organization and time-management skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines, with proven attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and read using English in order to effectively perform essential requirements of this position
- Demonstrated satisfactory work performance and attendance history
All applications must be submitted by no later than 4:00 p.m. of the posting deadline date.
Sinai Health is committed to fostering a culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers. As such, all employees will follow safe work practices and comply with the roles and responsibilities that are outlined with respect to health and safety policies, procedures and training. In accordance with Sinai Health policy and legislated health and safety requirements, employment is conditional upon the verification of credentials, completion of a health review, and demonstrating proof of immunity and vaccination status of vaccine-preventable diseases.
Sinai Health is a scent sensitive environment and all members of the community are expected to refrain from wearing or using scented products while visiting or working at any Sinai Health site. We also support a barrier-free workplace supported by Sinai Health’s accessibility plan, accommodation and disability management policies and procedures. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call the Accommodation Phone Line at 416-586-4800 ext. 7050 or email HiringProcessAccommodation.firstname.lastname@example.org