Job DetailsPublic Health Nurse (Temporary, Full-Time) (Posting #CHFTPHNOPP-1118)
The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) has an exciting opportunity for a temporary, full-time Public Health Nurse to work on the Child Health team in the Healthy Living division at 50 King Street, London until February 2019. Under the direction of the Manager, Child Health, the incumbent will:
- Work collaboratively with schools, communities, groups, families, and individuals to enable them to enhance their health and prevent disease;
- Provide nursing care, programs, and services in school-based settings using a comprehensive school health model;
- Provide health education and health promotion services in elementary school environments to individuals, families and target groups;
- Maintain related records, documentation and statistics;
- Prepare reports as required, and in accordance with established standards and procedures; and,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited nursing program (BScN);
- Current certificate of competence from the Ontario College of Nurses (CNO);
- Excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication & presentation skills;
- Proficient technical skills in the areas of documentation, Microsoft Office, & database software;
- Ability to work flexible hours is a requirement;Valid Ontario Driver’s license and own transportation;
- Knowledge and understanding of the elementary school system and school health;
- Preference will be given to those with detailed knowledge of Comprehensive School Health, Foundations for a Healthy School Framework, and health promotion models;
- Previous experience in planning, implementing and evaluating healthy school initiatives would be preferred; and,
- The ability to communicate (written and verbal) fluently in French is considered an asset.
To apply to this position, please submit a resume and cover letter electronically via our Career Opportunities page at www.healthunit.com by November 16, 2018 quoting posting #CHFTPHNOPP-1118.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.