Job DetailsPublic Health Nurse (Casual) (Posting #SHCASPHN-1118-03)
The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) has an exciting opportunity for up to three casual Public Health Nurses to work on the Sexual Health team in the Environmental Health and Infectious Diseases division. These positions will be located at our 50 King Street, London office and will provide direct client care and programs and services aimed at reducing sexually transmitted infections, unplanned pregnancies, substance abuse, and sexual assaults.
Under the direction of the Manager, Sexual Health, the incumbents will:
- Coordinate care for individuals and families with complex needs, and for priority populations;
- Use a variety of health communication, education, and skill-building strategies, to enhance access to sexual health services and promote optimal sexual health;
- Provide direct client care, including nursing assessment, treatment, education, counselling, consultation, referral, and advocacy; and
- Maintain related records, documentation, statistics and prepare reports.
- Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited nursing program (BScN);
- Current certificate of competence from the Ontario College of Nurses (CNO);
- Excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication & presentation skills;
- Proficient technical skills in the areas of documentation, Microsoft Office, & database software;
- Flexible work hours are required (including Monday to Thursday evenings starting at 4:00 pm);
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license and own transportation;
- Knowledge and experience in harm reduction, sexual health, sexually transmitted infections, and birth control, from both a clinical and health promotion perspective is strongly preferred;
- Preference will be given to those with experience working within a sexual health clinical setting; and,
- The ability to communicate (oral and written) in French and/or any other language(s) is highly desirable.