Job DetailsCommunity Health Nursing Specialist (Posting #OCNOFTCHNS-0819)
The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Community Health Nursing Specialist to work in the Office of the Chief Nursing Officer at 50 King Street, London.
Under the direction of the Chief Nursing Officer, the incumbent will:
• Act as a consultant on public health nursing practice, liaising with the College of Nurses and other provincial bodies as needed, to support and promote evidence-informed practice
• Provide leadership in and/or actively support the identification and implementation of continuous quality improvement and quality assurance initiatives, in collaboration with others across the agency;
• Facilitate professional development opportunities to strengthen professional practice and support professionals seeking certifications relevant to public health practice;
• Contribute to nursing and public health research and education initiatives, as appropriate;
• Provide leadership to MLHU’s Nursing Practice Council, and support the development and implementation of the Council’s vision and work plan;
• Work collaboratively with other teams responsible for implementation of the Foundational Standards as outlined in the Ontario Public Health Standards, as appropriate;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited nursing program (BScN) and a Master’s degree in a related health discipline;
• Current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO);
• Minimum of five years of public health nursing experience;
• Experience in population-based health promotion, health protection, and/or disease and injury prevention strategies, and an understanding of broader health systems issues;
• Understanding of and experience in implementing quality improvement concepts and methods;
• Experience in evidence-informed decision-making and change management;
• Ability to function effectively within an interdisciplinary setting and support practitioners from various public health disciplines;
• Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to excellence in nursing and public health practice;
• Demonstrated people leadership and project management skills;
• Preference will be given to candidates with Community Health Nurse (CNA) certification and with knowledge of and expertise in the core competencies for public health nurses and other public health practitioners;
• Preference will be given to those with experience in a nursing practice consultant role;
• Excellent written/oral communication skills and interpersonal skills;
• Valid Ontario Driver’s licence and own transportation; and,
• The ability to communicate (oral and written) in French and/or other language(s) would be considered an asset.
Please see www.healthunit.com for further information about our programs and services. To apply to this position, please submit all applications electronically via our Career Opportunities page by August 18, 2019 quoting posting #: OCNOFTCHNS-0819.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please indicate in your cover letter and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.