Unit Secretary, (CUPE) Admissions Assessment Unit (AAU), Part Time - Markham Site
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Who we are
Markham Stouffville Hospital is a large community hospital with three sites – Markham, Uxbridge and the RCC - that has a reputation for excellence in progressive community care. The hospital is uniquely positioned with cutting edge technology, expansive new facilities and a supportive and welcoming community. With a focus on patient experience, safe, high quality care and innovation, our dedicated team of physicians, staff and volunteers provides care to over 300,000 patients a year. The hospital has capacity to grow a number of programs and services as we evolve to meet the needs of our growing community. We are dedicated to providing access to the right care, at the right time, in the right place by the right people and at the right cost. Are you ready to join us?
Who you are:
You are an innovative and customer- centered individual who provides excellence within their profession
You are a team player with excellent communication, critical thinking and customer service skills
You have vision, flexibility, transparency, honesty and practicality
You are organized, accurate, able to multi task and meet deadlines
You support the patient experience, your colleagues and others cultural and spiritual beliefs
You encompass MSH’s core values and live the words of Respect, Trust, Commitment, Compassion and Courage
What we need:
The Unit Secretary is a valuable member of the Medicial Team and has a significant impact on the efficient and effective operation of the department. The successful candidate will be responsible for both clerical and receptionist duties.
The clerical aspect of the role includes, but not limited to: filing, recording, organizing and inputting physician orders into the computer, booking patient appointments both internally and external organizations, booking patient transport when required, ordering supplies, photocopying, payroll, booking/calling staff and performing special projects as requested.
The receptionist aspect of the role includes, but not limited to: directing and monitoring of visitors, patients and/or hospital personnel on the department, answering and directing telephone calls to the appropriate personnel.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide relief to other medical units, at the Markham Site
The successful candidates must be able to work 12 hour shifts 0800-2000hrs Monday to Sunday. These hours are subject to change with the expanding needs of the unit.
Range $23.14 – 26.03 per hour
What you bring to MSH:
- Previous unit secretary experience within a hospital setting
- Sound knowledge of medical terminology
- Proficient computer and typing skills with experience using Microsoft Suite
- Experience with Meditech 6.0
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple demands in a fast pace environment
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills with a high attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within an interprofessional team as well as independently
- Demonstrated good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
- Demonstrated commitment to a healthy and safe workplace for self and others (staff, patients, families, etc.) by taking all reasonable precautions and working in compliance with hospital related policies, health and safety legislation and best practices and completing relevant mandatory education as required
Markham Stouffville Hospital is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources
- Job Location
- Markham, Ontario, Canada