Resource Pharmacist, Pharmacy Services - Full Time - Markham Site
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Who we are:
Markham Stouffville Hospital (MSH) is a large community hospital with two sites – Markham and Uxbridge that has a reputation for excellence in progressive community care. The hospital is uniquely positioned with cutting edge technology, expansive new facilities and a supportive and welcoming community. With a focus on patient experience, safe, high quality care and innovation, our dedicated team of physicians, staff and volunteers provides care to over 300,000 patients a year. The hospital has capacity to grow a number of programs and services as we evolve to meet the needs of our growing community. We are dedicated to providing access to the right care, at the right time, in the right place by the right people and at the right cost. Are you ready to join us?
Who you are:
You are an innovative and patient centered individual who strives for excellence within your profession
You are a team player with excellent communication, critical thinking and customer service skills
You have vision, flexibility, transparency, honesty and practicality
You support the patient experience, your colleagues and cultural and spiritual beliefs of others
You encompass MSH’s core values and live the words of Respect, Trust, Commitment, Compassion and Courage
What we need:
The Resource pharmacist will provide leadership to pharmacists and pharmacy technicians to ensure that they are working to their full scope of practice. This may include:
- Standardizing and optimizing the clinical practice of pharmacists by developing and improving assessment and care planning tools including clinical documentation
- Providing guidance on clinical practice changes and develop and implement policies, procedures and processes to comply with all regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Contributing to medication related policy and procedure development, advising on and improving safe and evidence-based medication practices and participating in quality improvement initiatives.
The Resource pharmacist will act as a liaison with other healthcare professionals relating to medications and pharmacy best practices
They will provide leadership and expertise to optimize patient outcomes through participation in pharmacy and medication related departmental and organizational committees and projects that are strategically aligned with the goals of the organization.
Band E: $41.74-$54.90
What you bring to MSH:
- Current registration with a Ontario College of Pharmacists, Part A licence
- Advanced degree in Health management (Masters or equivalent) preferred
- Pharmacy residency, post baccalaureate Pharm D or equivalent preferred
- Current membership in Canadian Society of Hospital pharmacist.
- Minimum 5 years as clinical pharmacist in a hospital setting with practical and related experience
- Leadership experience an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional clinical knowledge and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify and problem solve potential issues
- Demonstrated ability to support process improvement and change initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to act as a resource, role model, mentor and coach
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to promote and support effective team building with all inter-professional members of the team
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, Meditech, electronic medical records an asset
- A strong desire and capacity to promote excellence in pharmacy professional practice
- Demonstrated good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
- Demonstrated commitment to a healthy and safe workplace for self and others (staff, patients, families, etc.) by taking all reasonable precautions and working in compliance with hospital related policies, health and safety legislation and best practices and completing relevant mandatory education as required
Markham Stouffville Hospital is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources.
- Job Location
- Markham, Ontario, Canada