Registered Practical Nurse, Postpartum (1) Full Time Temporary (until July 2021) - Markham Site
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Who we are:
Markham Stouffville Hospital is a large community hospital with two sites – Markham and Uxbridge that has a reputation for excellence in progressive community care. Having recently completed an expansion and renovation project, the hospital is uniquely positioned with cutting edge technology, expansive new facilities and a supportive and welcoming community. With a focus on patient experience, safe, high quality care and innovation, our dedicated team of physicians, staff and volunteers provides care to over 300,000 patients a year. The hospital has capacity to grow a number of programs and services as we evolve to meet the needs of our growing community. We are dedicated to providing access to the right care, at the right time, in the right place by the right people and at the right cost. Are you ready to join us?
Who you are:
You are an innovative and patient centered individual who provides excellence within their profession
You are a team player with excellent communication, critical thinking and customer service skills
You have vision, flexibility, transparency, honesty and practicality
You are organized, accurate, able to multi task and meet deadlines
You support the patient experience, your colleagues and others cultural and spiritual beliefs
You encompass MSH’s core values and live the words of Respect, Trust, Commitment, Compassion and Courage
What we need:
As a Registered Practical Nurse in the Childbirth and Children’s Centre, you will be part of a health care team that promotes patient/family centered care and puts the patient at the center of the decision making process.
As a Registered Practical Nurse you will be assigned to provide care for mothers and their newborns in Pospartum.
The successful candidate will work 12 hour shifts, days and nights. Please note schedules/shifts are subject to change based on operational needs.
What you bring to MSH:
- Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses
- Minimum one year experience in maternal child required
- Completion of the Medication Administration certification required
- Current neonatal resuscitation (N.R.P.)
- Current BCLS certification
- A breastfeeding course is required (or a commitment to complete within 3 months of employment)
- Current AWHONN or PPPESO Fetal Monitoring certification
- RPNAO membership is preferred
- Excellent physical assessment skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Demonstrated commitment to a patient/family centred care environment
- Demonstrated excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within an interprofessional team as well as independently
- Well developed organization, communication, interpersonal and teaching skills
- Evidence of ongoing professional development, continuing education and leadership experience
- Demonstrated good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
- Demonstrated commitment to a healthy and safe workplace for self and others (staff, patients, families, etc.) by taking all reasonable precautions and working in compliance with hospital related policies, health and safety legislation and best practices and completing relevant mandatory education as required
Markham Stouffville Hospital is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources.
- Job Location
- Markham, Ontario, Canada