Registered Nurse - Rehabilitation and Integrated Stroke, Casual - Markham Site
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Markham Stouffville Hospital is a large community hospital with two sites – Markham and Uxbridge that has a reputation for excellence in progressive community care. Having recently completed an expansion and renovation project, the hospital is uniquely positioned with cutting edge technology, expansive new facilities and a supportive and welcoming community. With a focus on patient experience, safe, high quality care and innovation, our dedicated team of physicians, staff and volunteers provides care to over 300,000 patients a year. The hospital has capacity to grow a number of programs and services as we evolve to meet the needs of our growing community. We are dedicated to providing access to the right care, at the right time, in the right place by the right people and at the right cost. Are you ready to join us?
Who you are:
You are an innovative and patient centered individual who provides excellence within their profession
You are a team player with excellent communication, critical thinking and customer service skills
You have vision, flexibility, transparency, honesty and practicality
You are organized, accurate, able to multi task and meet deadlines
You support the patient experience, your colleagues and others cultural and spiritual beliefs
What we need:
As a Registered Nurse (RN), you will become an integral member of the interprofessional team with expertise in stroke and rehabilitation care. You will practice in an environment where the emphasis is on professional practice and customer satisfaction.
Using your clinical expertise, in collaboration with the interprofessional team, you will be responsible for comprehensive assessment, care planning, patient education and discharge planning to support the continuity of care throughout the patient’s stay on unit. You will play a critical role in the coordination and development of interprofessional plans of care, which reflect patient needs.
In addition, you will utilize your nursing assessment and evidence-based nursing intervention skills to assist you in the provision of quality patient care. You will be accountable for the development of comprehensive patient care plans that demonstrate professional practice skills which reflect your ongoing assessment focusing on the patient’s goals. Your consultative collaborative partnerships will assist you in working with the interprofessional team in the further development of programs to enhance and support patient care.
The successful candidate will work 12 hour shifts (both days and nights) weekday, weekend and holidays. Please note schedules may change due to operational needs.
$33.26 - 46.79 per hour
What you Bring to MSH:
- Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses
- Current BCLS certification
- Minimum of 1 year recent experience in medicine with an emphasis on stroke and/or in-patient rehabilitation
- RNAO membership is preferred
- Apex Innovations Canadian Hemispheres Stroke Competency Certification (completed or to be completed within 6 months)
- AlphaFIM and FIM Certification an asset
- Excellent physical assessment skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Demonstrated commitment to a patient/family centred care environment
- Demonstrated excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within an interprofessional team as well as independently
- Well developed organization, communication, interpersonal and teaching skills
- Evidence of ongoing professional development, continuing education and leadership experience
- Demonstrated good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
- Demonstrated commitment to a healthy and safe workplace for self and others (staff, patients, families, etc.) by taking all reasonable precautions and working in compliance with hospital related policies, health and safety legislation and best practices and completing relevant mandatory education as required
Markham Stouffville Hospital is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources.
- Job Location
- Markham, Ontario, Canada