Registered Nurse - OPS - Part Time - Markham Site
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Who we are:
Markham Stouffville Hospital is a large community hospital with two sites – Markham and Uxbridge that has a reputation for excellence in progressive community care. Having recently completed an expansion and renovation project, the hospital is uniquely positioned with cutting edge technology, expansive new facilities and a supportive and welcoming community. With a focus on patient experience, safe, high quality care and innovation, our dedicated team of physicians, staff and volunteers provides care to over 300,000 patients a year. The hospital has capacity to grow a number of programs and services as we evolve to meet the needs of our growing community. We are dedicated to providing access to the right care, at the right time, in the right place by the right people and at the right cost. Are you ready to join us?
Who you are:
You are an innovative and patient centered individual who provides excellence within their profession
You are a team player with excellent communication, critical thinking and customer service skills
You have vision, flexibility, transparency, honesty and practicality
You are organized, accurate, able to multi task and meet deadlines
You support the patient experience, your colleagues and others cultural and spiritual beliefs
What we need:
The Outpatient Procedure Suites (OPS) Day Surgery Department is a fast paced, dynamic environment. As a member of the OPS Day Surgery team, you will be responsible for the admission of and post-operative (phase I & II) recovery of both adult and pediatric surgical patients as well as endoscopic procedures (colonoscopy, gastroscopy, urology, ERCP, and bronchoscopy). You will be actively participating in patient safety and patient advocacy throughout the care experience while working in an inter-professional team environment.
Ranges from $33.26 - $46.79 per hour.
Monday - Friday Shifts include 4, 8, and 10 hour blocks:
What you Bring to MSH:
- Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses
- A minimum of 1-2 years of PACU experience coupled with completion of the Critical Care certification
- Current BCLS/ACLS certification
- RNAO membership is preferred
- Excellent physical assessment skills
- Working knowledge of computer technology
- Demonstrated knowledge of the OPANA standards is an asset
- Demonstrated commitment to a patient/family centred care environment
- Demonstrated excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within an interprofessional team as well as independently
- Well developed organization, communication, interpersonal and teaching skills
- Evidence of ongoing professional development, continuing education and leadership experience
- Demonstrated good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
- Demonstrates a commitment to a healthy and safe workplace for self and others (staff, patients, families, etc.) by taking all reasonable precautions and working in compliance with hospital related policies, health and safety legislation and best practices and completing relevant mandatory education as required
Markham Stouffville Hospital is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources.
- Job Location
- Markham, Ontario, Canada