Registered Nurse - Inpatient Surgery - (1) Full Time Temporary to March 2021- Markham Site
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Who we are:
Markham Stouffville Hospital is a leading community hospital with two sites – Markham and Uxbridge sites and our new Reactivation Care Centre that has a reputation for excellence in progressive community care. The hospital is uniquely positioned with cutting edge technology, expansive new facilities and a supportive and welcoming community. With a focus on patient experience, safe, high quality care and innovation, our dedicated team of physicians, staff and volunteers provides care to over 300,000 patients a year. The hospital has capacity to grow a number of programs and services as we evolve to meet the needs of our growing community. We are dedicated to providing access to the right care, at the right time, in the right place by the right people and at the right cost. Are you ready to join us?
Who you are:
You are an innovative and patient centered individual who provides excellence within their profession
You are a team player with excellent communication, critical thinking and customer service skills
You have vision, flexibility, transparency, honesty and practicality
You are organized, accurate, able to multi task and meet deadlines
You support the patient experience, your colleagues and others cultural and spiritual beliefs
You encompass MSH’s core values and live the words of Respect, Trust, Commitment, Compassion and Courage
What we need:
The Surgical Unit offers a challenging opportunity for a Registered Nurse with acute surgical care experience. As a member of the Health Care Team you will support our philosophy of patient focused care.
Candidates will be required to work days, nights and weekends and statutory holidays. Please note schedules may change based on operational needs.
$33.26 - $46.79 per hour
What you bring to MSH:
- Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current BCLS
- Recent experience (within the last year) caring for inpatient Surgical patients is required
- Excellent Physical Assessment skills are required
- Working knowledge of computer programs is essential, knowledge of Meditech is an asset
- Demonstrated organizational, communication and interpersonal skills – both written and verbal
- Evidence of professional development and continuing education is essential
- Demonstrated good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
- Demonstrates a commitment to a healthy and safe workplace for self and others (staff, patients, families, etc.) by taking all reasonable precautions and working in compliance with hospital related policies, health and safety legislation and best practices and completing relevant mandatory education as required
Markham Stouffville Hospital is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources.
- Job Location
- Markham, Ontario, Canada