Registered Nurse, Float Pool - Full Time Temporary (until approx. May 2021) - Markham Site
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Who we are:
Markham Stouffville Hospital (MSH) is a large community hospital with two sites – Markham and Uxbridge that has a reputation for excellence in progressive community care. The hospital is uniquely positioned with cutting edge technology, expansive new facilities and a supportive and welcoming community. With a focus on patient experience, safe, high quality care and innovation, our dedicated team of physicians, staff and volunteers provides care to over 300,000 patients a year. The hospital has capacity to grow a number of programs and services as we evolve to meet the needs of our growing community. We are dedicated to providing access to the right care, at the right time, in the right place by the right people and at the right cost. Are you ready to join us?
Who you are:
You are a strong, strategic leader with exceptional relationship building and interpersonal skills
You are a team player with excellent communication, critical thinking and customer service skills
You have vision, flexibility, transparency, honesty and practicality
You support the patient experience, your colleagues and cultural and spiritual beliefs of others
You encompass MSH’s core values and live the words of Respect, Trust, Commitment, Compassion and Courage
What we need:
As a Registered Nurse you will become an integral member of the Interdisciplinary Health Care Team (IDHCT) responsible for the comprehensive care of patients through the Float Team. You will practice in an environment where the emphasis is on professional practice and customer satisfaction. Using your clinical expertise, you will, in collaboration with the IDHCT, be responsible for patients within any clinical area of hospital including admitted patients within the Emergency Department. In addition, you will utilize your demonstrated clinical leadership skills, well developed analytical, problem solving, delegation and interpersonal skills to assist you in the provision of quality patient care. You will be accountable for the development of comprehensive patient care plans and patient education plans, which reflect your ongoing assessment focusing on the patient’s goals. Your excellent clinical leadership skills will assist you in working with the Interdisciplinary Health Care Team in the further development of programs to enhance and support patient care.
$33.59- $47.26 per hour
The successful candidates will be required to work 12 hour days and nights, including weekends and stat holidays. Schedules can change based on operational needs.
What you bring to MSH:
- Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses
- Current BCLS and a motivation to complete your ACLS
- Minimum of 2 years of recent experience in a Medical/Surgical environment is required. Previous experience in a Telemetry/ ICU/CCU Step Down or Coronary Care Unit will be of an asset
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable within different units of the hospital is essential
- Strong organization and prioritization skills are essential
- Evidence of ongoing professional development, continuing education and leadership experience
- Excellent physical assessment skills are required
- Demonstrated good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
- Demonstrates a commitment to a healthy and safe workplace for self and others (staff, patients, families, etc.) by taking all reasonable precautions and working in compliance with hospital related policies, health and safety legislation and best practices and completing relevant mandatory education as required
Markham Stouffville Hospital is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources.
- Job Location
- Markham, Ontario, Canada