Registered Nurse, Emergency - Full Time Temporary (approx 1 year), Markham Site
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Who we are:
Markham Stouffville Hospital (MSH) is a large community hospital with two sites – Markham and Uxbridge that has a reputation for excellence in progressive community care. The hospital is uniquely positioned with cutting edge technology, expansive new facilities and a supportive and welcoming community. With a focus on patient experience, safe, high quality care and innovation, our dedicated team of physicians, staff and volunteers provides care to over 300,000 patients a year. The hospital has capacity to grow a number of programs and services as we evolve to meet the needs of our growing community. We are dedicated to providing access to the right care, at the right time, in the right place by the right people and at the right cost. Are you ready to join us?
Who you are:
You are a strong, strategic leader with exceptional relationship building and interpersonal skills
You are a team player with excellent communication, critical thinking and customer service skills
You have vision, flexibility, transparency, honesty and practicality
You support the patient experience, your colleagues and cultural and spiritual beliefs of others
You encompass MSH’s core values and live the words of Respect, Trust, Commitment, Compassion and Courage
What we need:
As a Registered Nurse, you will become an integral member of the interprofessional team responsible for providing compassionate, patient and family centered emergency care.
Ranges from $33.26 - $46.79 per hour.
The successful candidate must be available to work 12 hour day and night shifts and every other weekend, with flexibility to cover additional shifts as required. Please note schedule may change due to operational needs.
What you bring to MSH:
- Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses
- Current BCLS certification and motivation to complete your ACLS certification within 6 months
- Minimum 2 years of recent emergency department experience
- RNAO membership is preferred
- Critical Care Certificate and/or ENC(C) is a definite asset
- TNCC and ENPC certification are highly recommended
- Excellent physical assessment skills; Physical Assessment and Coronary Care I courses are an asset
- Proficient computer skills
- Demonstrated commitment to a patient/family centred care environment
- Demonstrated excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within an interprofessional team as well as independently
- Well developed organization, communication, interpersonal and teaching skills
- Evidence of ongoing professional development, continuing education and leadership experience
- Demonstrated good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
- Demonstrated commitment to a healthy and safe workplace for self and others (staff, patients, families, etc.) by taking all reasonable precautions and working in compliance with hospital related policies, health and safety legislation and best practices and completing relevant mandatory education as required
Markham Stouffville Hospital is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources.
- Job Location
- Markham, Ontario, Canada