Professional Practice Leader, Corporate Nursing - 1 Full Time - Markham Site
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Who we are:
Markham Stouffville Hospital is a leading community hospital with two sites – Markham and Uxbridge sites and our new Reactivation Care Centre that has a reputation for excellence in progressive community care. The hospital is uniquely positioned with cutting edge technology, expansive new facilities and a supportive and welcoming community. With a focus on patient experience, safe, high quality care and innovation, our dedicated team of physicians, staff and volunteers provides care to over 300,000 patients a year. The hospital has capacity to grow a number of programs and services as we evolve to meet the needs of our growing community. We are dedicated to providing access to the right care, at the right time, in the right place by the right people and at the right cost. Are you ready to join us?
Who you are:
You are an innovative and patient centered individual who provides excellence within their profession
You are a team player with excellent communication, critical thinking and customer service skills
You have vision, flexibility, transparency, honesty and practicality
You are organized, accurate, able to multi task and meet deadlines
You support the patient experience, your colleagues and others cultural and spiritual beliefs
You encompass MSH’s core values and live the words of Respect, Trust, Commitment, Compassion and Courage
What we need:
We are seeking a dynamic, innovative individual with strong leadership qualities and a focus on excellence. As a member of the Interprofessional Practice & Education Program, the Corporate Nursing Professional Practice Leader supports the corporate education and clinical practice needs of all Markham Stouffville Hospital sites while contributing to a strong hospital-wide professional practice environment.
Key areas of responsibility are (but not limited to):
- Project and policy review and development,
- Clinical education,
- New and returning staff orientation, and
- Practice leadership/leadership with significant practice & education initiatives, e.g. electronic documentation, etc.
- Ability to travel between sites is a requirement of this position. Valid Ontario driver’s license required.
- Standard work schedule is 0830-1630 hrs, Monday-Friday. Schedule is subject to change based on operational demands & flexibility to accommodate extended hours, evenings, and weekends is occasionally required in this leadership role.
What you Bring to MSH:
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario, in good standing.
- Membership in the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Current CNA certification in a relevant area of nursing practice is an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning principles and instructing adults methodologies
- A minimum of 4 – 6 years recent clinical experience in an acute care hospital setting
- E-learning expertise is an asset
- Program planning, development, and evaluation experience is an asset
- Evidence of leadership in clinical practice
- Expertise in the delivery of formal and informal education/coaching
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Expertise in planning, leading and evaluating practice changes
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant legislation, practice standards and best practice guidelines
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, collaboration and organizational skills
- Proven abilities in complex analysis, critical thinking and problem solving
- Proven evidence of ongoing professional development
- Computer proficiency, preferably in MS office
- Demonstrated good attendance and performance record with the ability to maintain this same standard
- Demonstrated commitment to a healthy and safe workplace for self and others (staff, patients, families, etc.) by taking all reasonable precautions and working in compliance with hospital related policies, health and safety legislation and best practices and completing relevant mandatory education as required
Markham Stouffville Hospital is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources.
- Job Location
- Markham, Ontario, Canada