Physiotherapist, Inpatient, Full Time Temporary to June 2021 - Markham Site
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Physiotherapist, Inpatient, Markham site- (1) Full-Time Temporary – until approximately June 12, 2021
Who we are:
Markham Stouffville Hospital is a leading community hospital with two sites – Markham and Uxbridge sites and our new Reactivation Care Centre that has a reputation for excellence in progressive community care. The hospital is uniquely positioned with cutting edge technology, expansive new facilities and a supportive and welcoming community. With a focus on patient experience, safe, high quality care and innovation, our dedicated team of physicians, staff and volunteers provides care to over 300,000 patients a year. The hospital has capacity to grow a number of programs and services as we evolve to meet the needs of our growing community. We are dedicated to providing access to the right care, at the right time, in the right place by the right people and at the right cost. Are you ready to join us?
Who you are:
You are an innovative and patient centered individual who provides excellence within their profession
You are a team player with excellent communication, critical thinking and customer service skills
You have vision, flexibility, transparency, honesty and practicality
You are organized, accurate, able to multi task and meet deadlines
You support the patient experience, your colleagues and others cultural and spiritual beliefs
You encompass MSH’s core values and live the words of Respect, Trust, Commitment, Compassion and Courage
As a member of our interprofessional team, you will be responsible for providing assessment consultation and education to the patient, family members and the interprofessional team within a mix of subacute and acute adult patient populations at Markham Stouffville Hospital. In this role you will utilize your goal-orientated, client centered approach to care. You will also have the opportunity to participate in the ongoing program development and quality improvement activities.
Frequent moderate and heavy exertion: lifting over 60 lbs., physical capabilities to manage fast pace and manual patient handling including but not limited to manual chest care, repositioning, transferring, lifting and ambulation activities
Work schedule involves 8-hour shifts, 0830-1630 hours, Monday through Friday. Weekend coverage is also required on a shared rotation. Please note that schedules and coverage areas are subject to change based on operational demands.
BAND K: $33.96 - $47.06 per hour
What you bring to MSH:
o Current registration with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario, in good standing.
- Recent experience in an acute care and subacute care setting is required (Recent acute neurological rehabilitation experience preferred).
- Previous experience within the acute stroke patient population is preferred (Recent NDT/Bobath experience is strongly preferred)
- Ability to work effectively, efficiently, and apply sound critical thinking skills in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent discharge planning skills with extensive knowledge of community resources
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with the members of the interprofessional team, including support staff
- Good computer skills and recent experience with electronic documentation preferred
- Evidence of recent continuing education and ongoing professional development
- Demonstrated good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
- Demonstrated commitment to a healthy and safe workplace for self and others (staff, patients, families, etc.) by taking all reasonable precautions and working in compliance with hospital related policies, health and safety legislation and best practices and completing relevant mandatory education as required
Markham Stouffville Hospital is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources
- Job Location
- Markham, Ontario, Canada