Pharmacist, Pharmacy Services - Full Time Temporary (until approx Jan 2022) - Markham Site
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Who we are:
Markham Stouffville Hospital is a large community hospital with three sites – Markham and Uxbridge that has a reputation for excellence in progressive community care. Having recently completed an expansion and renovation project, the hospital is uniquely positioned with cutting edge technology, expansive new facilities and a supportive and welcoming community. With a focus on patient experience, safe, high quality care and innovation, our dedicated team of physicians, staff and volunteers provides care to over 300,000 patients a year. The hospital has capacity to grow a number of programs and services as we evolve to meet the needs of our growing community. We are dedicated to providing access to the right care, at the right time, in the right place by the right people and at the right cost. Are you ready to join us?
Who you are:
You are a strong, strategic leader with exceptional relationship building and interpersonal skills
You are a team player with excellent communication, critical thinking and customer service skills
You have vision, flexibility, transparency, honesty and practicality
You support the patient experience, your colleagues and cultural and spiritual beliefs of others
You encompass MSH’s core values and live the words of Respect, Trust, Commitment, Compassion and Courage
What we need:
As a clinical pharmacist, you will work with the inter-professional team to provide clinical pharmacy services to Markham Stouffville Hospital (MSH), Uxbridge Cottage Hospital (UCH) patients and Reactivation Care Centre (RCC) patients . MSH provides services to a wide range of patients in the following areas: Surgery, Medicine, ICU/CCU, Maternal/Child, Psychiatry, Rehabilitation, Palliative, Complex Care, Oncology and Emergency. The UCH provides services in Medicine, Complex Care, Emergency and Day Surgery. In this role, you will provide a range of drug distribution and clinical pharmacy services. You will work collaboratively with the pharmacists and pharmacy technicians as an integral member of our pharmacy team. You will be expected to be available for weekday, evening and weekend shifts.
The successful candidate must be available to work days, evenings and weekends. Please note schedules may change based on organizational needs.
Band E: $42.16-$55.45
What you bring to MSH:
- Current A registration status with the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- Previous experience in a hospital setting with unit-dose and IV admixture programs is required; Hospital pharmacy residency is preferred
- Demonstrated experience with medication reconciliation, identifying and resolving drug related problems to optimize medication therapy and safety and providing education to patients and health professionals
- Demonstrated computer efficiency is essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with the members of the interdisciplinary team
- Evidence of professional development, continuing education and leadership experience is preferred
- Demonstrated good attendance record with the ability to maintain this same standard
- Demonstrates a commitment to a healthy and safe workplace for self and others (staff, patients, families, etc.) by taking all reasonable precautions and working in compliance with hospital related policies, health and safety legislation and best practices and completing relevant mandatory education as required.
Markham Stouffville Hospital is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources.
- Job Location
- Markham, Ontario, Canada