Environmental Services Attendant (CUPE) - Part-Time (2) - Markham Site
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Who we are:
Markham Stouffville Hospital is a leading community hospital with two sites – Markham and Uxbridge sites and our new Reactivation Care Centre that has a reputation for excellence in progressive community care. The hospital is uniquely positioned with cutting edge technology, expansive new facilities and a supportive and welcoming community. With a focus on patient experience, safe, high quality care and innovation, our dedicated team of physicians, staff and volunteers provides care to over 300,000 patients a year. The hospital has capacity to grow a number of programs and services as we evolve to meet the needs of our growing community. We are dedicated to providing access to the right care, at the right time, in the right place by the right people and at the right cost. Are you ready to join us?
Who you are:
You are an innovative and patient centered individual who provides excellence within their profession
You are a team player with excellent communication, critical thinking and customer service skills
You have vision, flexibility, transparency, honesty and practicality
You are organized, accurate, able to multi task and meet deadlines
You support the patient experience, your colleagues and others cultural and spiritual beliefs
You encompass MSH’s core values and live the words of Respect, Trust, Commitment, Compassion and Courage
What we need:
- Performs established housekeeping functions within assigned areas in order to provide and maintain a clean, infection free and attractive environment for patients, visitors and staff
- Rotates through room and washroom cleaning, operating room, floor maintenance, discharges, terminal cleaning and project cleaning
- Responds to contingency codes as required
- May be required to work in potentially infectious areas
- Collection and Handling of waste, linen, recycling, and bio hazardous waste, Radioactive waste as required.
Removal and Replacement of curtains
- Use of housekeeping and related chemicals and equipment
The successful candidate must be flexible to cover any shift and assignment as required, including weekends and statutory holidays.
Shifts are currently as follows, Nights – 0000-0800hrs, Days – 0730-1530hrs, 0800-1600hrs, 0900-1700hrs, 1000-1800hrs, 1100-1900hrs, Evenings –1300-2100hrs, 1600-2400hrs.
Please note that shifts are subject to change based on the operational needs of the department.
- Frequent moderate and heavy exertion i.e. extensive walking, standing, pushing and pulling of linen and garbage carts, above the shoulder lifting and heavy lifting up to 60 lbs.
BAND CUO1: $21.40 - $23.34 per hour
What you bring to MSH:
- Previous experience in environmental services, preferably in a hospital setting
- Good communication skills (reading, writing and verbal) as well as interpersonal, organizational and prioritizing skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Evidence of ability to work well independently and as a member of the team
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge of the OHSA, WHMIS and other relevant legislation
- Understanding of infection control practices
- Demonstrated good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
- Demonstrated commitment to a healthy and safe workplace for self and others (staff, patients, families, etc.) by taking all reasonable precautions and working in compliance with hospital related policies, health and safety legislation and best practices and completing relevant mandatory education as required
Markham Stouffville Hospital is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources.
- Job Location
- Markham, Ontario, Canada