Permanent Full Time
There’s never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! As we prepare to open our state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, and continue to operate Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, we have many opportunities available for Registered Nurses who share our commitment to quality, patient-centred care. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
Reporting to the Manager, Laboratory Services, The Pathologist Assistant provides anatomical pathology services under the control and supervision of a Pathologist by assisting in the preparation of surgical specimen dissection.
Contribute to safe, quality care by
• Managing a workload effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Addressing and resolving issues in a productive, respectful manner.
• Exercising sound professional judgment and using best practice guidelines.
• Contributing to a safe, inclusive environment for all through compliance with patient and staff safety policies and procedures.
What must you have?
• Baccalaureate degree in biological sciences, allied health sciences or related degree.
• Certification with the Canadian Association of Pathologists (CAP-ACP) as a Certified Pathologist’s Assistant
• Pathologist’s Assistant Program or related experience.
• 1-2 years’ experience as a Pathologist’s assistant or recent PA Masters Program graduate.
What else do you bring?
• Healthcare experience in an acute care environment.
• Well-developed keyboarding/ computer skills with a minimum keyboarding speed of 50-60 wpm and experience using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Excellent interpersonal, listening, and verbal and written communication skills in English, with an ability to deliver information and work effectively with patients, families and colleagues.
• Demonstrated strong decision-making, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and adjust to new or unexpected events.
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
Preferably, your profile also includes:
• Proven ability to Gross Complex cases
• Basic knowledge of human anatomy, macro surgical techniques and general laboratory skills.
• Understanding of safety and infection control requirements of the position.
• Working knowledge of quality and risk management practices.
This position is represented by OPSEU
You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.