Manager - Application & Integration
Permanent Full Time
There’s never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! As we prepare to open our state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, and continue to operate Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, we have many opportunities available for those who share our commitment to quality, patient-centred care. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
The Manager of Application & Integration will manage the selection, implementation, integration and on-going support of both on-premise and cloud-based applications. This role will be responsible for enabling hospital workflows through automation, integration and interoperability among various systems to achieve the smart hospital vision for Mackenzie Health. Innovative and forward-thinking, proven communication and problem-solving skills, and knowledge of hospital operations are critical to successful performance in this role.
Contribute to safe, quality care by
- Managing a workload effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Addressing and resolving issues in a productive, respectful manner.
- Exercising sound professional judgment and using best practice guidelines.
- Contributing to a safe, inclusive environment for all through compliance with patient and staff safety policies and procedures.
What must you have?
- University degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent is required.
- Certification or experience in an ITIL environment is required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive experience in IT solution development or operations with five (5) years in leadership or project management roles is required.
What else do you bring?
- Must have working experience in IT operations for a multi-site organization in the healthcare
- Proven experience in overseeing the linking of cross-functional applications between disparate business units and systems.
- In-depth working knowledge of business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping and methodology development, and data mapping.
- Strong working knowledge of Interface and integration methodology (HL7, SOAP, Web Service, DICOM, FHIR etc.)
- Good understanding of risk management, privacy, e-safety, and quality assurance methodologies as they relate to integration/software engineering.
- Good knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, and verbal and written communication skills in English, with an ability to deliver information and work effectively with patients, families and colleagues.
- Demonstrated strong decision-making, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring and values – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Preferably, your profile also includes:
- PMP and Information Security designation are preferred.
You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.