Food Service Attendant
Permanent Part Time
There’s never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! As we prepare to open our state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, and continue to operate Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, we have many opportunities available for staff who share our commitment to quality, patient-centred care. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
The Food Service Attendant will provide support to the department of Food and Nutrition Services by completing the food service and sanitation tasks as assigned including clean-up of patient/services dishes and Food Services equipment, carrying out food preparation for patients as appropriate and general departmental cleaning as required.
What must you have?
- Current and valid Food Safety Proton Certificate from Public Health.
- Must be physically capable of pushing loaded food carts, prolonged standing, walking long distances, working in refrigerators and freezers and lifting heavy boxes.
- Strong command of the English Language.
- Must follow WHMIS, HACCP, FIFO procedures and guidelines.
What else do you bring?
- Ability to read and follow standardized recipes and production sheets.
- Ability to understand therapeutic diets.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others and demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment
Preferably, your profile also includes:
- Previous experience in hospital setting preferred.
You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.