Temporary Part Time
There’s never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! As we prepare to open our state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, and continue to operate Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, we have many opportunities available for staff who share our commitment to quality, patient-centred care. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
The Cook is responsible for food preparation for patients and special events. The cook ensures work areas are clean and sanitary and supports daily food service operations in order to provide quality products, prepares food for patients and special events in accordance with both Nutritional Services and Health Department standards. The cook actively participates in data collection and monthly evaluations for department, maintains proper handling of all inventories, including proper storage, rotation, covering, labeling, and dating.
What must you have?
- Completion of High School Education or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of one year formal culinary training or equivalent job experience required.
- Maintains current Food Safety Proton Certificate.
What else do you bring?
- Must have knowledge/training of food production equipment.
- Must be able to stand for long periods (up to 6 hours).
- Must be able to handle and work around heated equipment.
- Must be able to perform cleaning duties including: stooping, bending, moving arms, lifting up to 50 pounds, using proper lifting, pushing, and pulling techniques.
- Must be knowledgeable about, and able to work with designated cleaning chemicals.
- Able to perform work in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Computer literacy in a Windows environment.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others and demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Preferably, your profile also includes:
- Chef Red Seal preferred.
This position is represented by OPSEU and the rate of pay is as per the Collective Agreement
You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.