Responsible for decontamination, reprocessing and sterilization of equipment, supplies and instrumentation.
Contribute to safe, quality care by
- Managing a workload effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Addressing and resolving issues in a productive, respectful manner.
- Exercising sound professional judgment and using best practice guidelines.
- Contributing to a safe, inclusive environment for all through compliance with patient and staff safety policies and procedures.
What must you have?
- Secondary School or equivalent.
- Successful completion of Sterile Processing Technician Program (or Equivalent) through an accredited College.
- Two years’ experience working with complex surgical instruments, i.e. operating room instrumentation.
- Experience with Low Temperature Sterilization.
- Computer experience required.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology required.
What else do you bring?
- Demonstrated knowledge of cleaning/decontamination, inspecting, testing, packaging and sterilization of instrumentation and high level disinfection of endoscopes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cleaning/decontamination, inspecting, testing, packaging and sterilization of instrumentation; pasteurization of respiratory equipment.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Infection Control and principles of Asepsis.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring and values – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Preferably, your profile also includes:
- Two years of working experience in CS/SPD preferred.
This position is represented by OPSEU
You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health