Temporary Full Time (6 Months)
There’s never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! As we prepare to open our state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, and continue to operate Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, we have many opportunities available for staff who share our commitment to quality, patient-centred care. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
- Undergraduate degree in Psychology and related experience or equivalent.
- Current certification in First Aid and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Candidate must have a valid Ontario driver’s license and a vehicle and be willing to travel throughout York Region and/or Simcoe County.
- Add any other experience, skills found under ‘qualifications’
- Current clinical experience and knowledge of applied behaviour analysis as it applies to the areas of developmental disabilities and may also include other special issues (eg. brain injury, dual diagnosis and sexually inappropriate behaviour).
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Applied Behaviour Analytic terminology and concepts.
- Demonstrated computer literacy in a Windows environment utilizing Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others and demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
- Training and experience in crisis prevention is preferred.
- The ability to fluently speak French language an asset.