Build your career at the hospital that’s building for the future
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. With the opening of our new facility, North America’s first fully digital hospital, scheduled for October 18, 2015, the future is very exciting for our people and programs. And we’re looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen’s University.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Technologist to join our Medical Imaging team.
- Perform all CT and Interventional Radiology procedures as per determined department protocols or as directed by the Radiologist
- Ability to operate all types of equipment used within the departments, including CT scanner, Interventional system, Multipurpose Room, Contrast Injections etc
- Prepare and assess patients for CT scan or Interventional Procedure including obtaining contrast consent, confirming exam validity, confirm exam validity, sterile technique practices and resourcing Radiologist as is necessary
- Complete exam process by image review, confirming documentation and presenting to radiologists for reporting via PACS
- Knowledge of and dutifully follows radiation safety practices for the protection of the patient, colleagues and their own occupational dose
- Must be registered and in good standing with CMRTO.
- Registration with the CAMRT preferred
- CT and Interventional Radiology certificate preferred
- Previous experience in CT and Interventional Radiology preferred
- Ability to work independently as well as within a group environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have good teamwork and customer service skills.
- Must be IV certified.
Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
Hours of work: Available to work rotating shifts including days, evenings, nights and weekends. Cross site rotation required, On call required
Interested applicants are required to submit an Application before the closing date. We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.