Join our interprofessional team as we work together to deliver compassionate care that is responsive to the healthcare needs of our community.
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. With the opening of our new facility, North America’s first fully digital hospital, on October 18, 2015, the future is very exciting for our people and programs. And we’re looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver compassionate, professional, respectful care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen’s University.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join our Post Anesthetic Care Unit (PACU), in the Surgical Program.
Reporting Relationship: Manager, Post Anesthetic Care Unit & Endoscopy
Hiring Salary Range: $33.23 - $47.57
The Registered Nurse in the PACU functions within the full scope of his/her nursing practice to assess the care needs of his/her patient and to develop a plan of care based on the assessment. The RN collaborates with the Resource Nurse as well as other members of the care team to evaluate the effectiveness of the care plan:
- Provide care of patients in the immediate recovery phase post-operatively.
- Provides advanced pain and airway management based on patients’ individual needs.
- Care of ventilated patients.
- Care of patients recovering from general, local and regional anesthesia.
- Utilization of computerized systems for documentation of patient care.
- Current RN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- BCLS certification upon hire to show proof of valid current certification (Registered Nurses currently employed by HRH are exempted)
- PACU certification (or to obtain within 6 months of hire date) required
- Current Critical Care Certification or Emergency Department Certification required
- At least 1 year current Critical Care or Emergency nursing experience (including physiological and cardiac monitoring of patients) required
- At least 2 years of current acute surgical experience is required
- Problem solving abilities and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational skills and flexibility
- Ability to function as part of a team in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development and a strong knowledge of policy and practice standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Ideal candidate is utilizes a patient and family centred approach to care in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and should be ready to drive change and innovation.
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required
- Minimum 2 years recent PACU experience preferred
- PALS and ACLS certification preferred
- Experience with arterial and central lines, epidurals and spinal anesthetics, PCA preferred
- Experience working with the paediatric population preferred
Hours of work: 8 hour days, evenings, standby
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion, Professionalism and Respect. People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group hospital, focused on building our evidence-based leadership practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it’s our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow’s healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital.