Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. At our new facility, North America’s first fully digital hospital, the future is very exciting for our people and programs. And we’re looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen’s University.
Right now we are looking for Registered Nurse to work with our Emergency Department.
Reporting Relationship:Manager, Emergency
Hiring Salary Range: $33.23 - $47.57
Location: Humber River Hospital – Wilson Site
Hours of work: Must be available to work rotating 12 hour shifts, Days/Nights and Weekend Rotation.
The successful applicant will perform the duties expected of a Registered Nurse within an acute care hospital Emergency Department.
- Current RN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- BCLS certification upon hire to show proof of valid current certification (Registered Nurses currently employed by HRH are exempted).
- Current Emergency experience (3-6 months) required and previous medical/ surgical experience. As well ICU experience is an asset.
- Excellent physical assessment skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work effectively with a variety of staff, patients and families from diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Excellent physical assessment skills
- Good patient/family teaching skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills, with an ability to set priorities and work effectively in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work effectively/collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent physical assessment skills and Coronary Care I & II certificates or the equivalent is preferred
- ACLS ,TNCC, PALS or ENPC are required as per specialty upon hire to show proof of valid current certificates (Registered Nurses currently employed in the Emergency Department at HRH are exempted to have a valid ACLS when applying to this position within the Emergency Department).
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion, Professionalism and Respect. People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group hospital, focused on building our evidence-based leadership practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it’s our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow’s healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital.