Updated Visitation Policy & Hours
Posted Aug 25th, 2020 in News
Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre has slowly began the process of welcoming visitors back into the hospital, as an outbreak has been declared over. A measured and phased approach will be taken to ensure the health and safety of staff, patients and visitors.
As Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre begins to expand visitation, the hospital will begin with restricting visitation to two daily time blocks. Patients will be able to have one visitor per each time block.
The time blocks consist of the following:
• 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
• 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
To maintain a safe patient care environment, visitors must:
• Be 18 years or older.
• Bring your own mask and wear it at all times, while in the hospital.
• Pass screening in order to gain entry. Should a visitor fail the screening process, that visitor will not be permitted into the hospital.
• Upon screening completion, visitors must proceed directly to the patient’s room. Visitation is restricted to the patient’s bedside only.
• Follow all Hotel Dieu Shaver infection prevention measures, including meticulous hand hygiene and physical distancing throughout the visit.
• All visitors are asked to enter through the inpatient building front entrance.
• Visitors are not permitted to bring food or drink in at this time.
• Visitors are kindly asked to keep deliveries and personal items to a minimum, as all items need to be sanitized before granted entry.
Limited exceptions to this visiting policy for extenuating compassionate reasons will be made on a case by case basis.
Please download HDS’ Visitation Brochure for all information.