Human Resources Partner, Talent, Acquisition, and Engagement
Holland Bloorview is a teaching hospital fully affiliated with the University of Toronto, and a proud winner of numerous workplace awards. We are committed to fostering a climate of equity and diversity that welcomes and respects the diversity of our clients, families, staff, trainees, students, volunteers, trustees and partners.
As part of our commitment to fair and equitable recruitment and selection practices, we encourage applications from racialized persons, women, Indigenous/ Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas within our community.
The HR Partner, Talent, Acquisition, and Engagement in the People & Culture department will be responsible for providing HR-related guidance to management’s strategic decision-making processes. They will assist in the development and alignment of HR strategies with the business, provide coaching to their client groups by leading and facilitating HR program implementation, and provide guidance in resolving organizational, people and change related issues. They will also be responsible for monitoring Holland Bloorview’s culture and its impact on HR process and practice effectiveness.
- Leads or participates in HR-related initiatives, such as employee relations, labour relations, coaching and performance management, HR policies, etc.
- Ensures HR programs and services are in compliance with established policies and procedures and local and federal laws, acts and regulations.
- Partners with members of the People & Culture team on projects related to organizational design, talent management, and leadership and employee training and development.
- Supports the Talent, Acquisition, and Engagement team in managing the day-to-day delivery of recruitment and payroll services and administration of HR-related policies and procedures.
- Serves as a known and available resource to management and staff.
- Closely partners with the leadership team to align and provide HR service, expertise, insight and solutions to advance their client group’s and Holland Bloorview’s strategic plans.
- Supports the leadership team to effectively design, implement, communicate, manage and enhance HR programs and initiatives.
- Works with management and the Occupational Health and Wellness team to support teams with disability-related operational impact and return-to-work processes.
- Provides project leadership on HR-related impacts from business/program events such as department reorganization initiatives.
- Drives performance management, including the use of performance management programs and processes within client groups ensuring familiarity with tools and assisting in meeting deadlines
- Formulates strategic and practical recommendations to resolve issues by conducting research through various methods to mitigate contributing factors and identify suitable solutions.
- Acts as a liaison between the People & Culture department and management and employees to ensure consistency in policy interpretation and application.
- Leads and supports various projects, programs and processes within the People & Culture department, as assigned.
- 7+ years of progressive Human Resources experience
- Bachelor degree or diploma in Human Resources or related field
- CHRP or CHRL designation strongly preferred
- Broad HR knowledge and experience in the key functional areas of labour relations, employee relations, organizational development, recruitment, retention, and change management
- Experience working within the healthcare sector and/or unionized environment strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective consultative relationships with management, as well as comfort with interacting with all levels of staff, from individual contributors to senior management
- Must be able to be a support team player while also comfortable working independently
- Strong business acumen and critical thinking skills, and with the ability to think creatively when problem solving
- Excellent project management, organization, prioritization and multitasking skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly both verbally and in writing
- Ability to balance strategic vision with day-to-day hands-on service delivery
Holland Bloorview has won numerous awards including Greater Toronto’s Top Employers, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People and Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures. We offer an inspiring, innovative, and collaborative work environment with competitive compensation and benefit packages and programs that support ongoing learning and professional growth.
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital is a fully affiliated teaching hospital of the University of Toronto and is committed to fostering a climate of equity and diversity and welcomes and respects the diversity of our clients, families, staff, trainees, volunteers, trustees and partners. As part of our commitment to fair and equitable recruitment and selection practices, we encourage applications from racialized persons, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas within our community.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their application by pressing the "Apply" button near the top of this page. Should you require accommodation during any stage in the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-425-6220.
This position is currently accepting applications.