Reporting to the vice president, communications, marketing and advocacy, the communications associate plays a key role in engaging stakeholders both internally and beyond our walls to tell the extraordinary story of Holland Bloorview and advance our No Boundaries strategic plan. The position holder will coordinate day-to-day communications requests across the hospital, leverage hospital accomplishments for external purposes, oversee communications projects and develop on-brand communications materials. The position holder will also provide strategic communications support to internal departments and work with teams to develop digital and design content. The associate will have an opportunity to use their diverse skill set to contribute to corporate awards submissions, conference sponsorship fulfillment, partner/community relations, media relations support and website updates.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience coordinating communication activity in a multi-stakeholder environment as well as and experience collaborating with a variety of internal and external partners. The position holder will work closely with all members of the communications and public engagement team and staff from across the organization. This is an opportunity to join a unique, high-performing team that is comprised of both hospital and Holland Bloorview Foundation colleagues that works together to create acceptance of childhood disability, awareness and philanthropy in support of Holland Bloorview.
- Support the communications and public engagement team in working with hospital colleagues to create marketing and communications materials that can be leveraged for external use
- Support internal departments with strategic communication advice and the development of marketing collateral.
- Use writing talent to craft compelling copy for use in internal newsletters and website.
- Coordinate internal communication tools including weekly all-staff newsletter, pandemic bulletins and intranet requests.
- Project support including critical path development, work planning, measurement and evaluation
- Provide communication support on corporate initiatives including sitting on working groups, creating signage and drafting communiques to support Holland Bloorview’s pandemic response
- Manage event logistics and the creation of communication materials for hospital events
- Coordinate with external partners on the promotion of partnered activities
- Support evaluaton and fulfillment processes related to sponsorship of external conferences and events
- Act as communications support for change management projects within the hospital
- Assist in the research and management of corporate awards submissions
- Working with hospital partners, update corporate website and intranet
- Support media relations outreach as needed
- Degree, diploma or post graduate certificate in public relations, communications or a related field
- Excellent written communications and editing skills, knowledge of CP style is an asset
- 2-3 years of experience in communications , ideally in a healthcare or not-for-profit setting
- Strong oral communications skills
- Ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including researchers, volunteers, staff and partners
- Team player, good judgement and ability to work independently as needed
- Ability to juggle multiple projects under tight timelines
- Understanding of the health care sector and childhood disability issues is an asset
- Experience working with content management systems (including MS SharePoint) and Adobe Creative Suite are considered an asset
- Intermediate skill with Microsoft Office 2010 suite
Holland Bloorview has won numerous awards including Greater Toronto’s Top Employers, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People and Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures. We offer an inspiring, innovative, and collaborative work environment with competitive compensation and benefit packages and programs that support ongoing learning and professional growth.
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital is a fully affiliated teaching hospital of the University of Toronto and is committed to fostering a climate of equity and diversity and welcomes and respects the diversity of our clients, families, staff, trainees, volunteers, trustees and partners. As part of our commitment to fair and equitable recruitment and selection practices, we encourage applications from racialized persons, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas within our community.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their application by pressing the "Apply" button near the top of this page. Should you require accommodation during any stage in the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-425-6220.
This position is currently accepting applications.