Social Media and Graphics Assistant
The Social Media and Graphics Assistant will work as a staff member of the Marketing and Events Department, which is responsible for marketing, event, public relations, community education, customer, staff and member services. Specific duties will include maintain and monitor HCA’s social media accounts, and responding to information inquiries from the general public.
HCA Social Media
- Publish content across HCA owned social channels, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Create social media editorial calendars
- Engage members and supporters
- Track trends and report insights and social analytics
- Grow and manage social media communities
- Social media monitoring and customer resource management
- Responding to cross-departmental social media promotion needs Coordinate and edit blog entries
- Monitor user posts and messages. Ensure content adheres to HCA social media policies
- Coordinate social media contests and prizing
- Coordinate HCA photo contest
- The Social Media and Graphics Assistant will support all activities of the department with a primary focus on design to be used for our digital marketing and social media channels.
- Production of print ready artwork including creative work to produce: Ads, interpretive panels, newsletters, display boards, passes, vehicle decals, brochures, logos, flyers, posters, banners, signs, maps, tickets, coupons, business cards, stationery, invitations, logo design. Position will work closely with the Graphic Designer.
- Photo shoots: assisting with photo shoots to produce photos to be used in ads, brochures, posters, etc. Set up includes props and scouting for most appropriate and pleasing location for photo shoot.
- Photo Sourcing and Filing: sourcing photos for artwork and other requests, including purchasing and sourcing from our library of photos. Filing of HCA photography for marketing purposes.
- Experience with creating and editing videos would be an asset
- A university degree or college diploma in communications, graphic design, public relations, marketing or related program along with a minimum one to three years’ experience in a similar position.
- Experience managing social media pages with proven success in fostering engagement.
- Experience tracking and reporting social media insights statistics.
- Strong writing, communication, and editing skills.
- Strong design skills with experience using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Experience producing engaging social media content.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines while effectively managing multiple projects with creativity and flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with a variety of customers, visitors, staff and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge of HCA watershed and conservation areas would be an asset.
- A valid class G driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required to attend special events as public transportation is not available to most of our areas.
- Ability to work independently in a seasonally high volume environment while at the same time, being able to work as part of close knit team.
- Self-starter, self-motivated and goal-oriented.
The position will be located at the Conservation Authority’s Administrative Office, 838 Mineral Springs Road, Ancaster. Travel to other HCA-owned and managed facilities will be required. This position is for 37.5 hours per week at 7.5 hours per day. Weekend and evening work will be required, particularly during the summer recreation season and for major HCA events.
Income Level: This is a contract position. Hourly rate ranging from $20.00 to $22.00 based on experience. 4% vacation pay will be added to each pay.
If you are interested in the opportunity to be a Social Media and Graphics Assistant, please send resume and cover letter to the attention of Nancy Watts, Director of Human Resources and Wellness, at the Woodend main office by 4pm Friday, January 4, 2019 via email, email@example.com (Please include job title in email subject line)
Apply for this job