The Security Officer is responsible for ensuring that every park visitor can have a peaceful, enjoyable visit and ensures that the area property and resources are protected. The position will also have some general maintenance duties.
The Security Officer shall carry out duties assigned by the Park Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent, such as but not restricted to;
• A secondary school graduate with post-secondary education in a Law and Security programme, Park Management programme or previous experience in a similar or related field.
• Applicants must possess their private security license as mandated by the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services
• A valid driver’s licence is necessary.
• A valid First Aid certificate is an asset.
• Previous experience dealing with the public
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing, demonstrating good interpersonal skills when speaking to the public or other park staff.
• Work weekends, holidays, during afternoon / evening hours, in various weather conditions, often alone.
• Meet and inform the public of pertinent information regarding the Conservation Authority, including policy, regulations, activities, and of the park layout and facilities.
JOB CLASSIFICATION & WORK TERM:
CASUAL HOURLY wage starting at $15.00. Position is based at Valens Conservation Area, Regional Road 97 in Hamilton. This seasonal position requires the officer to work 40 hours per week, afternoon, night and weekend shifts (including holiday weekends) which are regularly scheduled. Position to start in June 2020 to September 7, 2020.
Please apply by sending resume to Paul.Karbusicky@conservationhamilton.caApply for this job