Supervisor, Immunization Services
Clinical Health Services
Supervisor, Immunization Services
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This is a permanent full time position working 35 hours per week.
Reporting to the Manager, Immunization this position will provide leadership, supervision and support to team including Public Health Nurses, Registered Nurses, Registered Practical Nurses and Program Assistants. This team is responsible for planning, delivering and evaluating immunization services, enforcing the Immunization of School Pupils Act (ISPA), cold chain inspections, and resource development related to vaccine preventable diseases in accordance with the Ontario Public Health Standards
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree and membership with the College of Nurses of Ontario in good standing, and a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a public health environment. A minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience and a Master’s degree in health, administration, or other relevant area is preferred. Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is considered a strong asset. An equivalent amount of education and experience will be considered.
This role requires:
· Strong knowledge of public health, determinants of health and the legislation and mandates governing public health including the including the Health Protection and Promotion Act, Immunization, and the Health Care Consent Act
· Recent experience in the delivery of clinical services, including community and school based immunization campaigns, and vaccine management.
· Recent experience in vaccine preventable diseases, immunization services, immunization records management and vaccine distribution and inventory management
· Experience in conducting practice audits and clinical supervision
· Knowledge and skill in project management, change management and stakeholder engagement
· Knowledge and understanding of the standards of practice for Registered Nurses/Registered Practical Nurses
· Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
· Exceptional interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to lead, coach, influence and motivate staff with political acuity
The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on condition that the Regional Municipality of Halton receives a current (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screen by the first day of employment. Flexibility in working hours is required to support 24/7 on-call and there may be periodic meetings and functions outside of regular business hours. Periodic travel within Halton and Ontario is required and incumbent must supply their own transportation.
- Provide supervision, support, and performance management to Immunization staff to support achievement of team goals.
- Recruit staff in collaboration with Clinical Health Services management team.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of services/projects to address program and service issues.
- Analyze service levels and performance indicators to assist the Manager in evaluating program efficacy.
- Develop and implement necessary policies, procedures, protocols incorporating evidence-informed practices.
- Monitor established achievement objectives within the Ontario Public Health Standards and legislated requirements and report to the Manager on indicators.
- Oversee quality assurance regarding team performance and professional practice.
- Provide consultation for staff members in relation to assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Participate on divisional, departmental, interdepartmental, corporate and community committees as required.
- Monitor team budget under direction of Manager.
- Manage staff in a unionized environment.
- Provide weekend and evening stand-by on call coverage on a rotational basis.
- Rotational on-call duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
November 7, 2018
November 21, 2018
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
Halton Job Postings
How to Apply?Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
NOTE: Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.Apply for this job