Purchasing Services & Stores
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
There are two (2) temporary full-time positions working 40 hours per week for up to 12 months.
The successful candidate will possess a secondary school diploma with a minimum of five (5) years’ of warehouse inventory experience in an industrial/commercial environment and competency with automotive parts is required. Experience with a computerized inventory management system; working knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with the Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act, is required. Strong customer service, time management, problem solving, organizational and housekeeping skills are all required to be successful in this role. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are essential and the ability to work in a team environment. Flexibility is essential to accommodate changing priorities, tight deadlines and frequent interruptions. Municipal experience and /or working towards APICS or SCMA destinations are assets. Experience with SAP a definite asset. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Travel will be required and the incumbent must provide their own transportation. The incumbent will be required to provide a copy of their driver’s license by their first day of employment. The incumbent must be able to perform all the necessary physical tasks associated with the position including lifting approximately 50 lbs., pushing, pulling, and moving heavy materials, equipment and boxes. Fork lift truck certification is required.
- Issue a variety of stock items to internal and external customers.
- Receive inventory stock and reconcile packing slips with physical stock.
- Maintain and update stock inventory records in SAP.
- Determine type and quantity of stock items to be ordered based on current and projected usage of common user requirements, seasonal requirements, project requirements, availability of stock from vendors, storage capabilities, and cost saving possibilities.
- Support the integrity of all inventory stock levels through the re-ordering of stock, ensuring stock is up to date and within the minimum and maximum quantities.
- Organize all inventory items in an orderly and accessible manner within a warehouse environment.
- Operate a forklift in a yard and warehouse area, off load transport truck and other shipping vehicles.
- Prepare release orders in compliance with the purchasing vendor contract procedure, policies and Regional Bylaws.
- Maintain accurate administrative documentation in accordance with sound inventory procedures.
- Perform ongoing inventory cycle counts and assist with annual inventory count processes.
- Maintain a clean housekeeping routine, ensuring compliance with legislation and the Region’s Safety Standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
March 20, 2019
April 1, 2019
Apply Online at: Halton Job Postings
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
How to Apply?Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
NOTE: Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.Apply for this job