Senior Project Manager, Asset Planning
Infrastructure Planning & Policy
Senior Project Manager, Asset Planning
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This is a permanent, full-time position, working 35 hours per week.
It’s an exciting time to join Halton Region. Over the next 10 years the Region will be investing $2.9 Billion into water, wastewater and transportation infrastructure. We are looking for dedicated, forward thinking and enthusiastic individual to be part of the team that manages and plans infrastructure valued in excess of $8.4 billion. Our commitment is to deliver high quality infrastructure for the residents, businesses and visitors to Halton Region. Halton’s Public Works has been implementing a robust asset management program addressing an asset management framework, level of service, risk management, asset management strategy and optimized decision making. These asset management practices have been extensively used in programming of the capital budget. The Region is seeking an individual to fill a senior project manager position in Public Works’ asset planning section to lead and to continue operationalizing the asset management program.
Qualifications include a Professional Engineering designation (P. Eng.) and registration with the Professional Engineers of Ontario, Chartered Professional Accountant, (CPA), Project Management Professional (PMP) designation and Diploma or Certificate in Asset Management would be an asset. A minimum of 7 to 10 years of directly related experience in the areas of capital budgeting, asset management, planning, design, and construction of water and wastewater (linear and facility) and/or transportation infrastructure is required. Candidates shall also possess a good working knowledge in operations and maintenance of civil infrastructure including water and wastewater systems as well as solid waste and transportation. Knowledge of O.Reg. 588/17: Asset Management for Municipal Infrastructure, Asset Management standards, Tangible Capital Assets regulations (PSAB 3150) is required. A thorough understanding of legislation and guidelines related to planning, design, construction, contract administration, and operations of municipal infrastructure and the environment, and relevant regulations enforced by federal and provincial approval agencies including the Occupational Health and Safety Act is required. The ability to lead teams in change management, collaboration and consensus building including employing of critical thinking towards developing innovative solutions will be considered an asset.
· Leads the asset management program including responsibility for Asset Management Plan and compliance with the O.Reg. 588/17: Asset Management for Municipal Infrastructure.
· Manages strategic and tactical projects related to overall asset management program.
· Contributes to the planning of the 10-year state of good repair (SOGR) capital program.
· Designs in-house programs to implement asset management strategy, TCA (PSAB 3150) reporting and state of good repair projects.
· Exercises effective cost and schedule control of Asset Planning Projects.
· Researches and makes recommendations to enable a risk based and life cycle modeling approach to programming SOGR projects.
· Researches and makes recommendations to enable business cases and optimized decision making approach to programming SOGR projects.
· Review operational and maintenance strategies with a view towards identifying high, medium and low priority assets.
· Collects and reviews operational and maintenance data to perform trend analyses used to program the SOGR capital program.
· Selects, directs and supervises consulting engineers in the implementation of asset management projects.
· Ensures the full involvement of client divisions/departments in the implementation of Regional projects including coordinating the participation of infrastructure planning, water/wastewater operations and maintenance and road operations staff.
· Prepares reports to Regional Council as required.
· Provides input into continuous improvement of Halton’s design criteria and project delivery manuals from an asset planning perspective.
· Educates, coaches, and mentors junior project/engineering staff and project teams on their respective areas of the department.
· Represents the Section on departmental or corporate committees as required.
· Liaise with Regional IT initiatives to implement data management tools to facilitate, Asset Management, SOGR programming as well as TCA reporting.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
February 28, 2019
March 21, 2019
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
Halton Job Postings
How to Apply?Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
NOTE: Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.Apply for this job