Waste Management & Road Operations
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This is a permanent full-time position working 40 hours per week.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Waste Processing, this position will be responsible for daily operations in the Scalehouse, located at the Halton Waste Management Site (HWMS), including processing financial transactions, reporting and providing excellent customer service. You will be required to follow policy and regulation requirements to ensure compliance with waste management standards.
Community College Diploma in Business including computer and accounting courses preferred Minimum of Two (2) years’ experience with exposure to landfill and waste management preferred. The successful candidate must possess good computer skills and excellent customer service abilities. Must be proficient in MS Excel and MS Word. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on condition that the Regional Municipality of Halton receives a current obtained (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Records Check, by first day of employment. Must be flexible with hours of work to accommodate regular Saturday work year round and occasional Sunday’s from May to June.
· Operates and maintains a computerized landfill information system including accurate collection, screening and input of customer data, sorting and filing tickets, maintaining customer master file data and report preparation. Experience with Geoware software is an asset.
· Handles cash, credit card and debit card transactions.
· Reconciles daily cash transactions.
· Documents site violations to ensure accurate records are maintained.
· Responds to public inquiries concerning landfill services, rates, Regional By-laws and the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks legislation.
· Inspects incoming waste, ensuring that users are adhering to the HWMS policies and regulations regarding allowable waste and disposal.
· Operation of a two-way radio in order to communicate with on-site staff.
· Performs other duties as required.
Posted: March 15, 2019
Posting Expires: March 29, 2019
Posting #: PW-134-19
Apply Online at: Halton Job Postings
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
How to Apply?Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
NOTE: Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.Apply for this job