SAP ABAP Systems Analyst
SAP ABAP Systems Analyst
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This is a permanent full time position working 35 hours per week.
The successful candidate will have a diploma in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and minimum five years of experience in ABAP development. Proven hands-on experience in SAP ECC 6.0 project implementation, system development, maintenance and support is required. ABAP certification is required. Programming experience in SAP FI/CO, MM, PM, HCM modules, Business Warehouse, Business Object, Report Writer and Fiori Apps are preferred. Experience in other SAP modules and products, tools such as LSMW & Process Runner, Oracle or SQL Server database, applications development and integration is an advantage. Excellent oral written and presentation skills are necessary. Must be able to work effectively as part of a team, assuming leadership roles as required. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Work with team members to collect requirements, design, develop and deploy SAP projects and enhancements.
- Review functional specifications to ensure completeness in preparation for development of custom objects.
- Manage multiple assignments while concurrently fulfilling on-going application support and maintenance responsibilities.
- Work with internal and external technical resources to implement approved changes.
- Collaborate with other analysts to ensure system and procedural changes have minimum impact on other application areas.
- Create technical documentation.
- Create specialized reports for SAP modules using ABAP programming language.
- Advise other IT staff on internal development procedures and standards and ABAP development best practices.
- Assist business analysts in the development and maintenance of training materials and reference guides.
- Provide technical support for ongoing system enhancements and improvements and upgrades.
- Participate in project implementation including RFP evaluation and product/tool research.
- Transfer knowledge to other co-workers including knowledge base documentation and training
- Liaise and collaborate with contractors as required
- Provide afterhours standby support as required
- Perform other duties as assigned.
February 8, 2019
Apply Online at: Halton Job Postings
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
How to Apply?Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
NOTE: Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.Apply for this job