Registered Practical Nurse
Social & Community Services
Services for Seniors – Allendale (Milton), Creek Way Village (Burlington), Post Inn Village (Oakville)
Registered Practical Nurse
$34.64 to $35.92 per hour (OPSEU 261, 265, 282)
Applicants will be considered for interviews based on the information provided in their application to the Region of Halton including a current resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted. ONLY online submissions will be considered.
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This posting is for future part-time or casual employment opportunities. Please specify which long term care home(s) you wish to be considered for.
Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario is required. Successful completion of an approved medication course for the registered practical nurse required. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work both in a team and independently are required along with the ability to manage multiple demands and make decisions. Demonstrated computer ability and experience in Long Term Care is desirable. Must have a genuine desire to work with the elderly, an understanding of the Residents’ Bill of Rights and Compliance Standards as set out by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care.
You make a positive difference in people’s lives because you provide high quality customer centered services. You operate within a highly ethical environment and you will be accountable for going the extra mile, listening to your customers, creatively meeting needs and always being respectful to those you serve. As a result, you will be part of a qualified and strategic team recognized widely for caring, excellence, integrity, inclusiveness and flexibility.
Successful candidates will be made an offer of employment on condition that the Regional Municipality of Halton receives a current (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screen and a current two-step tuberculosis test (obtained within the past six (6) months) by the first day of employment. Must be able to perform all the necessary physical tasks associated with the care and assistance of residents. Flexibility in work schedule including shifts and every other weekend is required.
· Assists with the provision of nursing care in accordance with established standards of nursing practice set by the College of Nurses of Ontario and Services for Seniors policies and procedures.
· Contributes to the assessment and documentation of each resident‘s health status on an ongoing basis.
· Assists in the development and implementation of the Plan of Care and evaluates its ongoing effectiveness.
· Provides direction and support to front line staff.
· Communicates effectively with residents, staff, families, physicians and team members.
· Provides excellent customer service at all times. Provides individualized service and creates a “homelike” atmosphere.
· Observes reports and records symptoms and conditions of residents.
· Administers medication as necessary. Responsible for maintaining the security of drugs and narcotics according to applicable policies and legislation.
· Participates in Quality Improvement and Risk Management activities.
· Performs administrative duties such as scheduling.
· Assists in the orientation of new staff, students and volunteers.
· Acts as a resident advocate; communicates information about client /resident needs to internal and external agencies, staff, volunteers, families and students as required.
· Recommends changes to nursing practice, care policies and procedures as the need arises.
· Contributes to physician rounds and facilitates Resident Care Conferences.
· Supports and promotes the “CARE” philosophy and Model of Care.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
January 28, 2019
December 31, 2019
Halton Region contacts applicants via email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
Halton Job Postings
How to Apply?Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
NOTE: Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.Apply for this job