Social & Community Services
Services for Seniors –Allendale (Milton), Creek Way Village (Burlington), Post Inn Village (Oakville
$32.21 – $46.11 per hour (ONA)
Applicants will be considered for interviews based on the information provided in their application to the Region of Halton including a current resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted. ONLY online submissions will be considered.
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This posting is for future part-time or casual employment opportunities. Please specify which long term care home(s) you wish to be considered for.
Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario with two years’ experience in geriatrics, rehabilitation or long-term care nursing is required. A B.Sc.N is an asset. Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work both in a team and independently are required. The successful incumbent must also possess strong analytical skills and the ability to manage multiple demands and decision-making skills. Demonstrated computer ability and experience in Long Term Care is desirable. Must have a genuine desire to work with the elderly, an understanding of the Residents’ Bill of Rights and Compliance Standards as set out by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care.
You make a positive difference in people’s lives because you provide high quality customer centered services. You operate within a highly ethical environment and you will be accountable for going the extra mile, listening to your customers, creatively meeting needs and always being respectful to those you serve. As a result, you will be part of a qualified and strategic team recognized widely for caring, excellence, integrity, inclusiveness and flexibility.
The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on condition that the Regional Municipality of Halton receives a current (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Records Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screen and a current two-step tuberculosis test (obtained within the past six (6) months) by the first day of employment . Flexibility in work schedule including shifts and every other weekend is required. Must be able to perform all the necessary physical tasks associated with the care and assistance of residents.
- Provides leadership for designated home areas ensuring that resident care is delivered according to Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (MOHLTC), College of Nurses of Ontario and Services for Seniors Mission and Care Philosophy.
- Provides direction to staff concerning resident and family issues and Resident Home Area operations.
- Supervises work of front line staff providing direction and support as necessary.
- Communicates effectively with residents, staff, families, physicians and team members.
- Provides excellent customer service at all times. Provides individualized service and creates a “homelike” atmosphere.
- Participates in skin and wound care programs according to MOHLTC and Services for Seniors policies, procedures and best practices.
- Completes an individualized plan of care for each resident. Assesses resident’s health status on an ongoing basis and institutes appropriate care measures.
- Administers medication as necessary, as well as medications not approved for the RPN. Responsible for the security of drugs and narcotics according to applicable policies and legislation.
- Participates in Quality Improvement and Risk Management activities.
- Performs administrative duties such, as scheduling and also acts as the Charge Nurse in absence of management staff.
- Assists in the orientation of new staff, students and volunteers.
- Acts as a resident advocate; communicates information about client /resident needs to internal and external agencies, staff, volunteers, families and students.
- Recommends changes to nursing practice, care policies and procedures, as the need arises.
- Assists with completion of PSW and RPN performance appraisals by providing input to MORC.
- Contributes to physician rounds and facilitates Resident Care Conferences.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
January 22, 2019
December 31, 201
Halton Region contacts applicants via email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
Halton Job Postings
How to Apply?Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
NOTE: Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.Apply for this job