Project Manager III
Engineering & Construction – 1075 North Service Road
Project Manager III
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This is a permanent full-time position, working 35 hours per week.
It’s an exciting time to join Halton Region. Over the next 10 years the Region will be investing $2.9 Billion into water, wastewater and transportation infrastructure. We are looking for dedicated, forward thinking and enthusiastic individuals to be part of the team that delivers and manages an infrastructure asset inventory of over $8.4 billion. Our commitment is to deliver high quality infrastructure for the residents, businesses and visitors to Halton Region.
The successful candidate will have degree in Civil Engineering, Professional Engineering License and a minimum of seven to ten (7-10) years of directly related experience in the areas of design, construction and commissioning of water and wastewater (linear and facility) and/or transportation infrastructure. A Project Management Professional (PMP) designation would be an asset.
We are looking to hire individuals with demonstrated experience delivering complex and innovative capital projects on schedule and on budget. Successful candidates must possess expert project management, strategic planning, analytical and problem solving skills. Strong oral and written communication skills, along with strong facilitation, negotiation and dispute resolution skills are required to interface with multiple stakeholders including regional staff, contractors, consultants, council and the general public. Candidates must have knowledge of evolving technologies, in-depth technical engineering and construction knowledge and be familiar with relevant standards, documentation and legislation (Safe Drinking Water Act, Clean Water Act, Ontario Water Resources Act, Environmental Protection Act, American Water Works Association Standards, Construction Lien Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.). An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
The successful incumbents must be flexible in working hours as there may be frequent trips to operational facilities and project sites; incumbent must supply their own transportation and will be required to provide a copy of their driver’s licence by their first day of employment. Offers of employment will be made on condition that the Regional Municipality of Halton receives a current (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Records Check by their first day of employment.
- Manages numerous capital projects, informing the planning process and leading projects from start of preliminary design through to commissioning.
- Represents Halton Region at public consultations, presentations, open houses, and face-to-face interactions with the public, contractors, and regulatory agencies.
- Designs in-house projects in accordance with engineering best practices and stamps engineering drawings as appropriate.
- Researches into and makes recommendations to adapt new technologies, techniques and materials in the design and construction of water, wastewater and transportation infrastructure.
- Selects, directs and supervises consulting engineers in the design and construction of Regional capital works.
- Obtains all necessary regulatory approvals.
- Ensures the full involvement of client divisions/departments in the implementation of Regional projects including coordinating the participation of infrastructure planning, water/wastewater operations and maintenance and road operations staff.
- Exercises effective cost and schedule control of Capital Projects.
- Ensures that the works are constructed in compliance with the contract documents and Halton’s Health and Safety Policies.
- Acts as a key contributor in the value engineering exercises to ensure all infrastructure meets its intended functions in accordance with the project scope.
- Ensures that any complaints received from the public during the work period are resolved in a timely manner.
- Prepares reports to Regional Council.
- Provides input to continuous improvement of Halton’s design criteria and project delivery manuals.
- Contributes to the planning of the 10-year capital program.
- Educates, coaches, and mentors junior project/engineering staff and project teams on their respective areas of the department.
- Represents the Section on departmental or corporate committees as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
September 20, 2018
December 31, 2018
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
Halton Job Postings
How to Apply?Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
NOTE: Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.Apply for this job