Policy Integration & Communications
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This is a permanent full time position working 35 hours per week.
This role provides support to the Policy Integration team related to corporate, policy, public engagement and advocacy initiatives through coordination, monitoring and research on various issues and topics.
The successful candidate will possess a degree in public administration or political science or a related field, with minimum two years’ experience in public policy. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the working and programs of Regional, Provincial and Federal governments as well as possess excellent research, verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills. To succeed in this role, one must be highly analytical, organized, resourceful and adaptable. Strong project management skills, social media knowledge and political acuity is also required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
· Conduct research and analysis of various Regional, Provincial or Federal policy and advocacy issues and prepares relevant briefing material.
· Monitors daily issues and announcements from various outlets including traditional media, social media, web.
· Assist with the implementation of the Corporate Policy Review and Corporate Public Engagement Framework.
· Provide support in the review and updating of corporate policies, including policy analysis and development.
· Respond to research requests as needed
· Review research and summarizes relevant information.
· Assist with the development of briefing and resource material as required.
· Review and synthesizes relevant information by conducting on-line research and reviewing and summarizing reports.
· Identify and monitor possible consultation and funding opportunities with other levels of government or government agencies.
· Prepare monthly issue reports.
· Review reports and prepare summaries.
· Prepare letters and correspondence from the Regional Chair.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
December 4, 2018
December 18, 2018
Halton Region contacts applicants via email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
Halton Job Postings
How to Apply?Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
NOTE: Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.Apply for this job