Payroll Accounting Analyst
Payroll Accounting Analyst
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This is a temporary full-time position for 20 months, working 35 hours per week.
Reporting to the Payroll Accounting & Pension Supervisor, this position is responsible for the accounting functions related to SAP payroll, including position management in SAP, posting payroll results to SAP FICO, reconciliation of accounts, documentation for third party remittances, and reconciling accounts.
The ideal candidate will possess post-secondary education with a minimum of three (3) years of related work experience in a high volume, fast paced accounting / payroll department, preferably with a medium to large public sector organization. A post-secondary diploma in Business Administration or Accounting and the completion of PCP designation is preferred. Knowledge of payroll procedures and processes along with demonstrated organizational, analytical and problem solving skills, including excellent attention to detail is required. Highly effective customer service and collaborative skills, including the ability to work successfully in a team environment and independently is required. The candidate must be able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, ensuring work is accurate and deadlines are maintained and achieved. This role requires reconciliation, payroll & accounting experience, strong computer skills, specifically proficiency in Excel with demonstrated ability to compare, analyze and manage large data sets within spreadsheets (i.e. v-lookups, pivot tables, etc.). Experience with SAP HR and Payroll is considered an asset. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Provides accounting expertise to ensure integrity of wages & benefit expenses
- Posts payroll results in SAP FICO
- Reconciles payroll & benefit accounts
- Prepares third party remittances including Revenue Canada Taxation & EHT payments
- Responsible for SAP organization structure management for personnel
- Assist with the reconciliation of T4s for 3,500 employees
- Prepare the annual EHT reconciliation
- Prepare working papers for year-end reporting i.e. Ministry FIR, MBNC (formerly OMBI)
- Oversees Long Term Disability statutory deductions & T4 production
- Responsible for providing payroll reports and analysis of data to various internal and external stakeholders such as unions, Statistics Canada, etc.
- Performs audit and verification on data and back up processed on five biweekly payrolls
- Maintains a quality and control log on issues identified, follows up to ensure correction and makes recommendations to update processes or controls as necessary
- Responds to accounting enquiries related to payroll
- Liaison for external audit requests i.e. EHT & CRA
- Responsible for providing COMPASS (corporate time sheet) support to employees and approvers
- Responsible for various activities to support the year end process and reporting
- Perform other duties as assigned
20 December, 2018
11 January, 2019
Halton Region contacts applicants via email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
Halton Job Postings
How to Apply?Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
NOTE: Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.Apply for this job