Manager of Resident Care
Social & Community Services
Services for Seniors – Post Inn Village (Oakville)
Manager of Resident Care
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This is a permanent full-time position working 35 hours per week, afternoon/evening hours 11:00 am - 7:00pm and every third weekend
Reporting to the Senior Nursing Manager, this position functions as part of the Home’s leadership team and is responsible for the management of all aspects of resident care, including developing and implementing quality programs and services to meet the needs of clients in a manner consistent with the standards of long term care.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic and adaptable leader, currently registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario, and possess a Diploma in Nursing, Bachelor of Nursing degree or working towards is preferred. Long Term Care experience at the nursing management level with a solid knowledge and understanding of applicable legislation, including the Long Term Care Homes Act, and RAI MDS 2.0 experience is required. Experience in the development, implementation and evaluation of programs to support quality care and leading staff is required. The candidate must also possess highly effective communication, interpersonal, organizational and decision-making skills along with advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Familiarity with Point Click Care would be an asset. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
You make a positive difference in people’s lives because you provide high quality customer centered services. You operate within a highly ethical environment and you will be accountable for going the extra mile, listening to your customers, creatively meeting needs, and always being respectful to those you serve. As a result, you will be part of a qualified and strategic team recognized widely for caring, excellence, integrity, inclusiveness and flexibility.
The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on condition that the Regional Municipality of Halton, on the first day of employment, receives a current (obtained within the past six (6) months) original and acceptable Criminal Records Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screen and a current two-step tuberculosis test (obtained within the past twelve (12) months). A flexible work schedule is required to respond to the needs of the home. Travel will be required; incumbent must provide their own transportation.
· Responsible for the ongoing development of the teams and for providing supervision, leadership, coaching and direction to the nursing and personal care staff of the home in the performance of their duties.
· Act as a role model and contribute to the development of a caring and competent team who is responsible and accountable for direct resident care activities.
· Assists and supports the planning, development and implementation of quality resident care programs consistent with all applicable legislation including Ministry of Health and Long Term Care requirements, the Quality Inspection Process, RAI-MDS 2.0 and Services for Senior’s mission, vision and philosophy of care.
· Supports the management of all aspects of resident care in an efficient and effective manner.
· Supports the development of a resident centered environment with a strong focus on client satisfaction, and quality of life.
· Analyses and evaluates resident care and services.
· Continuously develops implements and evaluates quality improvement/best practice initiatives and participates in Continuous Quality Improvement activities, including ongoing participation in the Services for Senior’s accreditation process.
· Ensures the provision of training programs, regular performance evaluations as well as adequate scheduling, attendance management and disciplinary actions as required.
· Ensures strong fiscal accountability by contributing to the administration of the resident care budget.
· Works with other staff to ensure consistency and service excellence within the home and among the Villages of Halton Homes.
· Participates in Health and Safety activities and as a member of the Home’s Joint Health and Safety Committee.
· Participates in community educational health programs as requested.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
November 8, 2018
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
Halton Job Postings
How to Apply?Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
NOTE: Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.Apply for this job