HRIS Business Analyst
HRIS Business Analyst
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This is a permanent full time position working 35 hours per week.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources this position is responsible for providing strategic advice to the Human Resources Management team based on metrics, data analysis and review. Further, this role leads all new Human Resources Information System projects and initiatives being implemented in the organization and supports streamlining business processes and use of systems.
The successful candidate will possess a degree in Human Resources Management or related discipline and 3-5 years progressive human resources experience with an emphasis on HR Policy, HR Information Systems and HR Metrics. Extensive skill and experience using the Microsoft office suite, SAP, Success Factors and project management software is required along with knowledge of relevant HR legislation and policy governing human resources management practices. The ideal candidate will have experience in leading projects through demonstrated analytical, collaboration and facilitation skills. Excellent problem solving, research, written and verbal communication, presentation, consultation, interpersonal and collaboration skills are also required. Municipal HR experience is an asset.
- Track internal and external HR metrics through dashboard and score card tools using human resources information systems and employee records. Develops standard reports and spreadsheet templates, SAP Queries for the HR Contact Centre.
- Research and write reports based Halton Region HR workforce data to identify trends, external influences outlining their impact to human resources strategies. Makes recommendations for HR programs and policy based on findings.
- Complete revisions to existing policies and drafts, creates new polices as required that are aligned with organization and divisional goals and objectives.
- Provide technical guidance to HR staff about policy use, interpretation and related sources of information (e.g. regulations and statutes).
- Act as consultant to Human Resources Division staff in the development of processes and mechanisms related to human resources reporting.
- Make recommendations in the (re)design, development and delivery of HR practices and programs based on sound research ensuring consistency with the Region’s priorities while considering implications on other programs; develop/recommend program (re)design.
- Liaise and collaborate with the various units within Human Resource Services to support business needs.
- Participate in ongoing human resources initiatives and projects to enhance Human Resources Services.
- Research and stays current for any changes in legislation that may affect policies and procedures.
- Lead cross divisional teams on various HR initiatives (focus groups, committees, etc.).
- Prepare briefs and reports to support human resources decision making.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
November 7, 2018
November 21, 2018
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
Halton Job Postings
How to Apply?Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
NOTE: Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.Apply for this job