Early Childhood Education Assistant
Social and Community Services
Children’s Services Child Care Centre – Oakville & Georgetown
Early Childhood Education Assistant
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
ECE’s must be registered by the College of Early Childhood Educators. Please visit www.collegeofece.cafor more information.
This is a temporary part-time position working 21 hours per week, up to twelve (12) months.
A Diploma in Early Childhood Education from a recognized community college is required, along with current Standard First Aid certification including infant and child CPR. Experience in a child care center and working with children and their families with developmental delays is preferred. Must demonstrate a high level of professionalism by providing strong customer service, ability to listen and respond appropriately to children, families and coworkers. Working knowledge of the Child Care and Early Years Act regulations is required. French language, additional languages and computer literacy are preferred. A combination of skills and experience will be considered.
You make a positive difference in people’s lives because you provide high quality customer centered services. You operate within a highly ethical environment and you will be accountable for going the extra mile, listening to your customers, creatively meeting needs, and always being respectful to those you serve. As a result, you will be part of a qualified and strategic team recognized widely for caring, excellence, integrity, inclusiveness and flexibility.
The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on condition that the Regional Municipality of Halton receives a current (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screen and a current two-step tuberculosis test (obtained within the past six (6) months) by your first day of employment. Travel will be required between locations within Halton Region. Incumbent must supply own transportation. You may need to lift up to 50 pounds and attend additional meetings in the evening.
· Ensures that all actions and activities meet the CCEYA regulations.
· Maintains application of Health and Safety Standards.
· Supports projects and curriculum based activities under the leadership of the classroom Early Childhood Educator/Supervisor.
· Ensures the activities required for project based emergent curriculum are documented, maintained and utilized when planning activities for the children in your group.
· Prepares, maintains, and supervises classroom and playground activities.
· Collaborates with Resource Consultants concerning implementation, set up of programs and activities for children with special needs.
· Advises the Supervisor of pertinent information concerning children and their families.
· Supervises field trips and community outings as required.
· Prepares and handles food according to standardized recipes to ensure food quality, safety, and quantity, as required.
· Performs duties as an Early Childhood Educator, as required.
· Performs housekeeping duties, as required.
· Performs other duties, as assigned.
January 8, 2019
January 15, 2019
Halton Region contacts applicants via email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
Halton Job Postings
How to Apply?Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
NOTE: Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.Apply for this job