At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This is a permanent full time position working 35 hours per week.
Reporting to the Manager of Planning and Integration, this position works with business subject matter experts to assess, gather, analyze and document comprehensive stakeholder business and functional requirements, provide overall project management guidance and ultimately, enable clients to derive maximum benefit from their business specific applications and client systems.
The successful candidate will possess a degree or diploma from a recognized university or college along with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience working in an Information Technology (IT) environment. A minimum of three (3) years demonstrated experience in IT business analysis, project management and documentation skills is also required. The incumbent must have firsthand experience with business requirements documentation, systems functional analysis, user testing, and project management plans development. The ability to work effectively as part of a team, as well as independently is required. Excellent oral and written communication skills and highly effective analytical, customer service, organizational and problem solving skills are a must. Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite is required, as well as knowledge of enterprise applications such as SAP and/or Siebel are required. Experience with ESRI and/or niche business applications/systems in the public sector. Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®, Project Management Professional (PMP®), and ASSC Lean Six Sigma certifications are assets. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Responsible for the gathering and documentation of detailed requirements (including functional and non-functional requirements) from appropriate Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) that support the project scope and deliverables.
- Develop detailed project management documentation such as Project Charters, Process Flow Diagrams, Use Case Diagrams, Project Management Plans, SOWs, RFPs, etc.
- Lead all aspects of IT system deployment, integration and upgrades including planning, procurement, status tracking and reporting for management review as a primary liaison in IT.
- Lead successful multi-disciplinary project teams consisting of subject matter experts from other departments and staff from Regional partner organizations, externally contracted consultants and vendor representatives.
- Monitor and control project performance and initiate corrective action using the Region’s standardized project portfolio management methodology processes.
- Responsible for all aspects of IT system and services procurement from RFP development to evaluation and award, as well as contract management and administration with IT vendors and contractors including negotiation terms and conditions, contract creation, execution and effective management and control throughout the project term.
- Manage the successful delivery of projects on time, to budget and within quality and scope.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
September 25, 2018
December 31, 2018
Halton Region is pleased to accommodate applicants who have a disability. Please inform Human Resources at
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
Halton Job Postings
How to Apply?Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
NOTE: Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.Apply for this job