Analyst - Revenue
Financial Services and Payroll
Analyst - Revenue
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This is a permanent full time position working 35 hours per week.
The successful candidate must have a degree or diploma in Accounting/Business with a minimum of five (5) years’ in a similar role with a strong analytical background. Candidates working towards professional accounting designation are preferred. The candidate must have strong customer service and dispute resolution skills, advanced data analysis skills, and excellent verbal and written skills. Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills are essential. Experience working for hydro and water utilities companies would be a definite asset. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
· Monitors and enforces all aspects of Water Billing Agreements with third party billing companies.
· Recommends and implements policy changes and/or develops new policies.
· Represents the Finance department on various project teams and initiatives.
· Ensures completeness and accuracy of the water billing activities and revenues.
· Monitors water data base for accuracy and completeness.
· Produces various reports and analysis of large data sets using advanced Excel functions
· Provides timely and efficient resolutions to customer billing inquiries. Negotiates payments of delinquent accounts.
· Collaborates with Meter Maintenance and the water billing companies to resolve meter reading and billing issues
· Supports Regional and billing companies staff by offering solutions to water customer billing concerns.
· Completes financial analysis for special projects.
· Prepares government reports and remittances.
· Supports preparation of the Financial Information Return and Annual Financial Statements.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
March 8, 2019
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
How to Apply?Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
NOTE: Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.Apply for this job